Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Too Fast" Fury vs "Dr. Steelhammer" Klitschko II: Who wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
    I don't think Wlad has any concept of how to throw caution to the wind. The frustrating thing with him is that he put a beating on Pulev. No one watched it and no one seems to realize how save a beat-down he can give. That was only a year ago but it seems like forever because something's just not right upstairs. now. I thought it was a fluke against Jennings but clearly not.

I'd love to see him bring it to Tyson because Tyson has been dealing with guys doing that to him his whole career. Would be awesome, but I'm not getting my hopes up.
    He had bad blood with Pulev, I think Tyson's clowning might have lulled Klit into thinking it was a stay busy defense that brought british money with it.

Comment

Fury vs Klitschko Fights today....

I got for Klitschko it is around the 11th round. Fury has no chin, he was dropped by Steve Cunningham But Fury has been largely inactive recently. Fury has not fought quality world class fighters...
      Last edited by elina jhon; 12-03-2015, 04:59 AM.

Comment

Wlad would have to re-invent himself and become much more aggressive and take chances to get into range.

I am not saying he can't do that, but he is 40 yrs old now and very set in his style of fighting.

I'd still say its a 50/50 fight at this stage.

Comment

Comment

Wlad will come in more aggressive which favors Fury

But after he takes a few right hands, he will revert back to old ways and shell up....

He will turn his back on Fury, but this time i feel Fury will knock him out

Comment

Originally posted by elina jhon
              I got for Klitschko it is around the 11th round. Fury has no chin, he was dropped by Steve Cunningham But Fury has been largely inactive recently. Fury has not fought quality world class fighters...
              How many times does this have to be explained. Steve caught Fury because Fury was messing around with his hands down, and didn't see the shot coming. It was also the best punch that USS has thrown in his career, it would've KOd many fighters. Fury got straight back up and knocked him out.

Fury took some clean right hands from Wlad during the 12th and stayed on his feet. Fury having no chin is a myth.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
                I think inside would Favor Wlad, as he is capable of throwing very short very powerful shots. His left hook in particular is devastating.

If he can get out of the habit of clinching, instead of throwing that is yet to be seen.
                No way - Fury is a much better and more natural inside fighter. Fury knows how to roll, move his head, punch on the fly, he can combine offensive and defensive movements in the same motion naturally. Wlad carries knockout power whatever the distance, doesn't mean he has a clue how to fight inside. He clinches because he has no instincts and has not learned the natural defensive movements of fighting in the pocket, that is why he never stays there. If Wlad tries to fight inside or stays in the pocket too long he will hit the canvas period, either that or it will a heavy dose of clinching.

Comment

Originally posted by alexguiness View Post
                  Wlad would have to re-invent himself and become much more aggressive and take chances to get into range.

I am not saying he can't do that, but he is 40 yrs old now and very set in his style of fighting.

I'd still say its a 50/50 fight at this stage.
                  All the more reason Wlad needs to make it a war.

Comment

Same pick as I had last time, Fury UD. Wlad's rudimentary boxing construct only covers the basics of what Fury can do.

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
                      No way - Fury is a much better and more natural inside fighter. Fury knows how to roll, move his head, punch on the fly, he can combine offensive and defensive movements in the same motion naturally. Wlad carries knockout power whatever the distance, doesn't mean he has a clue how to fight inside. He clinches because he has no instincts and has not learned the natural defensive movements of fighting in the pocket, that is why he never stays there. If Wlad tries to fight inside or stays in the pocket too long he will hit the canvas period, either that or it will a heavy dose of clinching.
                      There would never be any in the pocket fighting. Obviously Wlad isn't going to stay in there and exchange combinations, just like Fury was never going to stand still and let Wlad tee off on him.

The only time it becomes inside, is when Fury lunges with a punch off balance.

Im not talking Wlad with his head in Furys chest and Fury working off the ropes kind of inside, Im talking Wlad getting off his shots when Fury falls inside, usually in the middle of the ring.

There where many occasions where he lunged in quite badly with jabs to the body, or his wide left hook right hand, that if Wlad he were prepared to do so, wlad could have countered with a short explosive checkhook, or short right hand down the middle. But I think in part because Tysons punches so wide and clearly coming Wlad chose to defend them instead of beating him to the punch. Part of what is frustrating about the fight, is that there are so many times that

Thats why I said Wlad would need to go for the KO, because stylistically, its evident that he is not going to be able to establish range with his jab like he usually does. He is going to need to need to bait Tyson into throwing a sloppy combo that he can counter with a single shot not setup by the jab.

In the post fight press conference, Wlad, even said as much, that the reason he was not throwing his right hand is because he is use to setting it up with a jab. And he could not establish range with his jab. The reason he couldn't establish range with his jab is because he was using his legs to take half step back, and then bounce forward again when every Tyson jabbed. So he went from already not being in range to jab, to being further out of range to jab, and then getting back to not being in range to jab again. Thats something that is ingrained in him stylistically. They wont be able to change that.

The good thing about that, is that it forced Tyson to come at Wlad when ever wanted to mount an offense, and that was something Tyson did off balance, and sloppily. Wlad wasn't ready to mount his offense at these moments though, because he was looking to setup his offense with the jab, and instead took these moments to defend.

If Wlad can make the adjustment, to work his jab the same way as the first fight, but only as a way to bait Tyson into coming forward sloppily like he did in the first fight, but is prepared to punch with Tyson, instead of go defensive, Wlad as the man who throws the crisper, straighter, shorter, harder shots, will get the better of it.

Its the same way Steve Cunningham knocked him down, you can say what you want about Tyson being ****y or what not, the fact is, he got caught throwing that same wide sloppy left hook right hand that he was throwing at Wlad, but instead of retreating from it like Wlad did, Cunningham stepped to him and caught him. And if you notice, he didn't set it up with a Jab. He just uncorked the right hand. Tyson is slick enough that if Steve would have touched him with a jab first, he would have slipped that right had he been touched with a jab before it.

I don't think there is anyone that doubts that Wlad has the power to KO Tyson Fury including Tyson Fury.
                      Last edited by !! Shawn; 12-03-2015, 03:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X