Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Socialized medicine the cause of "green teefed" limeys?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You still have to pay to see an NHS dentist, the only people who get free dental care are people claiming benefits or pregnant women.

I have to pay £20 for my check up and up to £110 if I need any work done.

I also have to laugh that Americans think that the Brits actually have poor teeth. Sure I've seen some ugly f.uckers with hardly any teeth but not many at all. I would say that mainly the inner city poor community are the worst for dental hygene, but I would guess that the same would apply in the US aswell.

On the flouride in the water subject, they are talking about bringing it in in Portsmouth, near where I live. It hasn't gone down well at all though, there are big question marks about it's long term safety apparently. Although I'm not a scientist so don't shoot the messenger.
    Personally I can't see the point, the reason they gave for implementing it was because a lot of kids in Portsmouth don't brush their teeth, but surely putting chemicals in the water shouldn't be used as a substitute for brushing twice a day?! Good education and regular check ups are the best answer.

Comment

Working...
    X