Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why was it that Ray Robinson was the best?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
    Ok, who has a better resume, and why?
    Here's a brutal one for ya lad: Joe Louis
    Tell me what you think about that one(It would be a healthy brain storm for you seeing as how these 2 are your idols and you have never said anything non-extremely positive about them)

Comment

Originally posted by Slimey Limey View Post
      Here's a brutal one for ya lad: Joe Louis
      Tell me what you think about that one(It would be a healthy brain storm for you seeing as how these 2 are your idols and you have never said anything non-extremely positive about them)
      Sorry, Joe Louis resume isn't even close to Robinsons, and the Brown Bomber's resume is pretty damn good. Try again. This time back your claim with facts and logical reasoning please.

Comment

Sorry, Joe Louis resume isn't even close to Robinsons, and the Brown Bomber's resume is pretty damn good. Try again. This time back your claim with facts and logical reasoning please.
        Elaborate some more for me sir, as you believe I don't know anything about Boxing anyway. I know it's very painful for you, but it will prove to be healthy as a poster for you.

Comment

Elaborate some more for me sir, as you believe I don't know anything about Boxing anyway. I know it's very painful for you, but it will prove to be healthy as a poster for you.
          In other words you have no defense or logic to back your claims up, right? Its not on me to elaborate, You made the claim. I'll be happy tp tear down any logic you think you can come up with though.

Comment

In other words you have no defense or logic to back your claims up, right? Its not on me to elaborate, You made the claim. I'll be happy tp tear down any logic you think you can come up with though.
            Just as expected, he refuses. I knew you weren't brave enough.
            You asked who has a better resume. I mentioned Joe Louis. You haven't said anything to convince me that the overrated Louis does not rank higher, so here's your chance. OR you can just admit it hurts too much to say anything non-positive about these 2 men?

Comment

Just as expected, he refuses. I knew you weren't brave enough.
              You asked who has a better resume. I mentioned Joe Louis. You haven't said anything to convince me that the overrated Louis does not rank higher, so here's your chance. OR you can just admit it hurts too much to say anything non-positive about these 2 men?

I'll tell you what, why don't you tell me exactly why you think Louis' resume is better (you are the one who made that claim after all) and I'll happily explain to you why you are wrong yet again. Lets go Slimey, time to man up or shut up.

Comment

I'll tell you what, why don't you tell me exactly why you think Louis' resume is better (you are the one who made that claim after all) and I'll happily explain to you why you are wrong yet again. Lets go Slimey, time to man up or shut up.
                You want me to change me mind, and I feel like I don't need to because i'm comfortable with me rankings so I don't need to justify meself to anybody. YOU disagree with me, so it's up to YOU to explain to me in detail why Louis is not as good as Robinson.

Just admit you're too affraid to say anything negative about either of them and move on. Take it or leave it, mate. Chicken****e.

Comment

You want me to change me mind, and I feel like I don't need to because i'm comfortable with me rankings so I don't need to justify meself to anybody. YOU disagree with me, so it's up to YOU to explain to me in detail why Louis is not as good as Robinson.

Just admit you're too affraid to say anything negative about either of them and move on. Take it or leave it, mate. Chicken****e.
                  I don't want you to change your mind at all. I want you to tell me WHY you think Louis has a better resume than Robinson so I can formulate a defense. How can I debate you if you won't tell me the points you are trying to make to solidify your opinion?

Comment

Well it's not a fact that Robinson is the best. I have heard numerous people over the years have a different fighter as the best to ever lace on the gloves etc Henry Amstrong, Harry Greb, Sam Langford, Muhammad Ali, Willie Pep etc.

But the majority of the boxing world feel Ray Robinson is the greatest prizefighter of all time and for good reason. Ray Leonard once said ''A lot of people say there was a comparision between Sugar Ray Robinson and Sugar Ray Leonard.'' ''Belive me, the was no comparison''

Robinson's resume of victories, consistencey, and skills combined are unmatched in the history of boxing. Robinson's sole loss in his first 132 bouts was to Jake Lamotta, which he avenged 5 times.

Nat Fleischer once wrote in Ring Magazine “Robinson hit the spotlight as the greatest all around fighter, pound for pound, in any division.” They have been saying it about Robinson ever since. The term “pound for pound” has come to exemplify the stature of Ray Robinson as the greatest fighter in boxing history.

Robinson had it all. Magnificent footwork, balance, co-ordination, rhythm, reflexes, precision, extremly fast hands and feet, vicious killer instinct, knockout power, anvil chin, stamina, and ring generalship.

Robinson(whose real name was Walker Smith) at his peak was a near perfect fighting machine.

He was number one ranked Lightweight Contender and defeated Champion Sammy Angott in a non title affair. He was never beaten as a Lightweight or Welterweight, won the Middleweight Title 5 times and come close to winning the LHW Title until the heat got the better of him......

Robinson fought 18 world champions and defeated 10 Hall of Famers.

His resume of wins is argubaly the best in the history of boxing in a career that spanned three decades.

Ray Robinson's Resume Of Wins
                    -Pete Lello
                    -Sammy Angott
                    -Marty Servo (42-0)
                    -Fritzie Zivic
                    -Jake LaMotta
                    -Izzy Jannazzo
                    -Al Nettlow
                    -California Jackie Wilson
                    -Ralph Zannelli
                    -Henry Armstrong
                    -Tommy Bell
                    -Cecil Hudson
                    -Kid Gavilan
                    -Steve Belloise
                    -George Costner
                    -Robert Villemain
                    -Charley Fusari
                    -Jose Basora
                    -Bobo Olson
                    -Bobby Dykes
                    -Cyrille Delannoit
                    -Randy Turpin
                    -Rocky Graziano
                    -Gene Fullmer
                    -Carmen Basilio
                    -Denny Moyer

Ray Robinson's Accomplishments
                    -Rated By Ring Magazine As Greatest Fighter Of All Time
                    -Just 1 Loss In First 132 Bouts
                    -Rated Pound For Pound Best Fighter On The Planet
                    -Muhhamad Ali Called Him Greatest Fighter P4P Fighter Of All Time
                    -Never Defeated At Welterweight or Lightweight
                    -Won Middleweight Title 5 Times
                    -Named The Ring Fighter of the Year for 1942 and 1951
                    -Named "Fighter of the Century" as well as "Best Middleweight & Best Welterweight of the Century" by The Associated Press in 1999
                    -Max Schmeling, Ike Williams, and Muhhamad Ali Called Him The Greatest Fighter Of All Time.
                    Last edited by JFB629; 12-21-2009, 01:20 PM.

Comment

[COLOR="Navy"][FONT="Tahoma"]I don't want you to change your mind at all.
                      No? Good. Then you can stop pulling me pants and fook off, innit?

I want you to tell me WHY you think Louis has a better resume than Robinson so I can formulate a defense. How can I debate you if you won't tell me the points you are trying to make to solidify your opinion?
                      "

I'm not looking for a debate with a person who would never change his mind or say anything negative about his 2 favorite fighters. YOU are the one who wants a debate, mate. And if you want that, it's up to you to start one not me.

Comment

Working...
                      X