Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Latest PBC on Fox A Smash Hit In The Ring... But Not In the Ratings

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LeonSpinxMwfpce View Post
    So you're going to say that these networks don't talk about his wifes battle with cancer?

Oh, ok. I guess the segment on Showtime doesn't exist either.
    Just hold that L, bruh. Let it go.

Comment

If 4 good fights happened and nobody watched, did they really happen?

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
        If 4 good fights happened and nobody watched, did they really happen?
        1.5 million watched so yeah.

Comment

PBC need to start running ads throughout week of events didn't see one commercial for fox show all week is boxing fans know when it's coming on but casuals won't unless channel surfing and it's pretty much all types of crap on that can catch they attention

Comment

Oscar should have Canelo fighting on Univision.....that would get the hype rolling...give up on the nonexistant urban fanbase that Haymon targets 99% of the time.

Yesterday was the first well matched event on Haymon's part.....hopefully the people who atched those KO's will tune in again. That's what shouldve been the plan all along.
            Last edited by -Hyperion-; 05-01-2016, 05:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
              It's not the fights themselves, no. But most casuals have no idea who any of the guys were that fought last night outside of MAYBE Andre Berto - and he isn't nearly the draw he was years ago.

The British cards always seem to pull good numbers, so maybe it's just 'Muricans that are the issue.
              Casuals know Berto and Ortiz, and I do think the NBA game somewhat affected the ratings. Boxing is just in a slump right now.

Comment

because none of these fighters have any personality or flair.

you are competing against 200 plus cable/dish packages, 24 hr news cycles, internet, internet pronography, video games where it involves the internet, social media....

being a great boxer isnt enough these days and the people they showed on there last night werent great boxers to begin with at least the main event and the fight before that showed. they were sloppy and dirty looking.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                  PBC ratings drop on FOX. Not good way less ratings then their debut and again a network airing PBC finishes dead last in network prime time ratings.

http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/article...4-30-2016.html

FOX fell from 2.3m viewers from Garcia card to about 1.5m last night. Horrible these networks air reruns of old tv shows and get better ratings.
                  Actually I think that was pretty good considering NBA playoffs was on. That's what I was watching.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                    Well the fact that it is sports is why, and the ratings are fine for what it is. A network could easily see the opportunity to make it their own and push it further than it currently is so the potential is still there.

MLS does garbage rating that have basically stagnated for years and they don't even have commercials during the games (before, halftime and after) they have those little boxes with sponsors and jersey sponsors. The league as a whole still really doesn't turn a profit 20 years in.
                    Damn you're right about MLS. Looks like they get $90M a year between ESPN, Fox Sports 1 & Univision & does 250k-ish viewers in the regular season & hits its high water mark at their championship game with under 1M viewers. That should give any boxing fan hope PBC can secure a deal despite all the negativity.

On May 12, 2014, MLS announced an eight-year broadcasting deal between ESPN and Fox Sports in English, and Univision in Spanish, covering television, digital, and the possibility of radio rights. The biggest change under the new deal was the establishment of a consistent national window for each broadcaster; UniMas airs matches on Friday nights, while ESPN2 and Fox Sports 1 air matches on Sunday evenings and nights respectively (jointly promoted as Soccer Sunday). All three broadcasters will air at least 34 regular-season matches per-season during these windows.

ESPN and Fox Sports pay a combined $75 million per season, and Univision pays $15 million per-season. Totaling at around $90 million per-season, nearly five times the value of the league's previous deal, it is the highest-valued television rights deal in MLS history.

Ratings

Regular Season
                    ESPN/ESPN2 2015 245,000 viewers
                    Fox Sports 1 2015 197,000 viewers
                    Univision 2015 244,000 viewers

MLS Cup
                    ESPN 2015 0.7M viewers
                    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Major_..._on_television

I guess it is hard to argue against a TV deal when MLS has been around since 1996 getting slightly better or similar ratings during its entire run & commands $90M a year as week speak. There is just so much PBC negativity with pro-HBO fanboys or anti-PBC fanboys & just a lack of people being pro-boxing on this forum you start to believe its doomed I think lol.

And definitely a fan of ads on the bottom of the screen or just having every aspect of the show sponsored by someone to keep the behind the scenes aspect of boxing you don't get to see on standard regular TV version of boxing. Not sure how plausible that is or isn't for boxing, but I think at least doing it for the in between rounds stuff is potentially a positive for boxing on regular TV.
                    Last edited by Eff Pandas; 05-01-2016, 06:02 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                      Damn you're right about MLS. Looks like they get $90M a year between ESPN, Fox Sports 1 & Univision & does 250k-ish viewers in the regular season & hits its high water mark at their championship game with under 1M viewers. That should give any boxing fan hope PBC can secure a deal despite all the negativity.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Major_..._on_television

I guess it is hard to argue against a TV deal when MLS has been around since 1996 getting slightly better or similar ratings during its entire run & commands $90M a year as week speak. There is just so much PBC negativity with pro-HBO fanboys or anti-PBC fanboys & just a lack of people being pro-boxing on this forum you start to believe its doomed I think lol.

And definitely a fan of ads on the bottom of the screen or just having every aspect of the show sponsored by someone to keep the behind the scenes aspect of boxing you don't get to see on standard regular TV version of boxing. Not sure how plausible that is or isn't for boxing, but I think at least doing it for the in between rounds stuff is potentially a positive for boxing on regular TV.
                      Big difference between baseball and boxing is baseball (and the other team sports) is way more advertising friendly. With regular lengthy commercial breaks, networks less concerned about profitability.

Comment

Working...
                      X