No announcement yet.

Alright, PBC is starting to grow on me

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alright, PBC is starting to grow on me

Tonight was a huge win for PBC minus that **** fight with that big p*ssy Washington trying to be Mayweather. Outside of that, tonight was excellent.

I've been a huge hater against PBC since it's rumored creation. We, as boxing fans need to stop shooting ourselves in the foot and killing the sport with picking favorites between the opposing promotional forces. Al Haymon has actually given boxing a great opportunity to ground itself in the mainstream sports world. Something that has been missing since boxing.. since..damn...decades.
    A great analogy to this is Donald Trumps rise and success with garnering the support of the american public. The analogy is that Haymon, like Donald, is blowing up the two headed boxing establishment (Trump's case, the political two party establishment). I'd absolutely prefer PBC remain as a FNF type of events where it puts forth everything but PPV quality fights. If PBC can achieve it's footing and keep going strong they can expand with hosting up and comers and green horns that are starting out their career. Just as importantly though, host events with fighters who might be down and out, that we all know, and give them a platform to make a comeback or the very least a living. Without PBC, Berto, Algieri and many others would never have got the opportunity to make a successful comeback. And I mean come on, don't we love seeing Paulie get wrecked on prime time TV?
    Standing together we are a vastly larger diverse group then the always two headed promotional establishment (TopRank and GoldenBoy). These two sides only pander to a small minority and are two entrenched in competition to progress boxing.
    In closing, I think it is absolutely important that we have HBO and Showtime as the foremost authority on hosting got to see PPV fights. PPV generates that overall big show business feel and has the ability to make it a more classy affair aimed at pleasing the true boxing fans, not casuals.

So can we all agree that PBC is the greatest thing to happen to boxing in regards to cultivating a mainstream audience?

pbc is good for boxing indeed, like ive stated the name is ****in hilarious, premier boxing champions, lol, premier, that is false, premier is t.crawford, loma, ggg , kov, wlad, povetkin, canelo, Bradley, ward , rigo, etc.

Comment

i dont give a crap who's behind PBC, i'll watch a free fight any day of the week. anyone who complains about it because they dont like the man behind it is just faking the funk!

Comment

boxing in a non premium channel? I have no complaints

Comment

first real good card they had, all it took was 1 and a half year and 1 billion dollars.

Comment

Originally posted by creekrat77 View Post
            Tonight was a huge win for PBC minus that **** fight with that big p*ssy Washington trying to be Mayweather. Outside of that, tonight was excellent.

I've been a huge hater against PBC since it's rumored creation. We, as boxing fans need to stop shooting ourselves in the foot and killing the sport with picking favorites between the opposing promotional forces. Al Haymon has actually given boxing a great opportunity to ground itself in the mainstream sports world. Something that has been missing since boxing.. since..damn...decades.
            A great analogy to this is Donald Trumps rise and success with garnering the support of the american public. The analogy is that Haymon, like Donald, is blowing up the two headed boxing establishment (Trump's case, the political two party establishment). I'd absolutely prefer PBC remain as a FNF type of events where it puts forth everything but PPV quality fights. If PBC can achieve it's footing and keep going strong they can expand with hosting up and comers and green horns that are starting out their career. Just as importantly though, host events with fighters who might be down and out, that we all know, and give them a platform to make a comeback or the very least a living. Without PBC, Berto, Algieri and many others would never have got the opportunity to make a successful comeback. And I mean come on, don't we love seeing Paulie get wrecked on prime time TV?
            Standing together we are a vastly larger diverse group then the always two headed promotional establishment (TopRank and GoldenBoy). These two sides only pander to a small minority and are two entrenched in competition to progress boxing.
            In closing, I think it is absolutely important that we have HBO and Showtime as the foremost authority on hosting got to see PPV fights. PPV generates that overall big show business feel and has the ability to make it a more classy affair aimed at pleasing the true boxing fans, not casuals.

So can we all agree that PBC is the greatest thing to happen to boxing in regards to cultivating a mainstream audience?
            I have no problem with fights on network TV, but I'm not sure if PBC is maximizing its potential in terms of grabbing and holding the mainstream audience's attention. Boxing was pretty entertaining today and I'm glad I watched.

Comment

Originally posted by .!WAR CANELO!. View Post
              first real good card they had, all it took was 1 and a half year and 1 billion dollars.
              lol true, they could've had a year and a half of outright success, attained commercial sponsorship and captured an entire new audience if they had put on cards like that every weekend.

It was a effin good card, the La Bomba fight was awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by creekrat77 View Post
                Alright, PBC is starting to grow on me
                Are you pregnant with PBC?

Comment

Originally posted by .!WAR CANELO!. View Post
                  that's not true at all. The last Fox card was really good. In fact the last NBC card was good as well.

Comment

I never understood this sentiment, it's boxing. PBC isn't a new sport. Some fights are going to be good, some are going to suck. Just the way boxing is, especially lately.

Comment

Working...
                    X