• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

as for steak?

i prefer me some haggis and ale.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
      Why fight thru it when you should just eat it. lol I eat almost all of a ribeye, fat included but i can see if the fat turns you off. To be honest i didnt like ribeyes until about a year ago because of the fat
      The best part of the ribeye is when the fat is charred a bit or caramelized and its on the end of the meat and its not tough man thats delicious.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post

Pan Frying in a Cast Iron pan with herbs and seasoning is hands down the best! hands down, I only cook my steaks this way now, plus charcoal is really carcinogenic.

I do still like eating a grilled steak now and then, but only once and a while.

I mainly eat my steak cast iron cooked with fresh herbs in the pain it really absorbs the flavor.

Do you add a dollop of butter in the pan after for extra flavoring? I like to toss in fresh thyme from my garden.

Most of the time I just eat my steak in beef stew, I buy a good roast and cook it over night in a slow cooker with potatoes, carrots, etc and its so tender flavorful and juice with the stew mix I use.

Meat is not dangerous people! you have to know what type, stuff like sandwich meat, pepperoni and others with additives like nitrates and preservatives are the dangerous ones, if you slow cook steak and don't grill it on charcoal you can eat steak often and not get cancer. Its the carcinogens that go on the steak that cause it.

Heart disease is another issue though if you eat a lot of fatty steak often you would probably get clogged arteries.
        Yeah that is good, but a bit too rich/greasy for me.

Lately I make a wet rub by mixing my dry rub ingredients with enough olive oil to make a paste. I cover the steak in that and cook on low, low-medium heat (don't want to burn the rub or break down the oil-the rub makes a better crust than a high heat sear anyway). It is a bit unorthodox, but honestly it is the best steak I've ever eaten.

Comment

It's all about the grade. If the steak is Prime or Waygu beef, then it just matters what cut you like.
          I like any thing but a filet, I need my fat.
          Cooked with just salt and pepper and maybe some shoyu, chili pepper and a squeeze of some kind of citrus to dip it in. I'm good.

Comment

Originally posted by KRITKL View Post
            It's all about the grade. If the steak is Prime or Waygu beef, then it just matters what cut you like.
            I like any thing but a filet, I need my fat.
            Cooked with just salt and pepper and maybe some shoyu, chili pepper and a squeeze of some kind of citrus to dip it in. I'm good.
            Not at all, no matter what grade you get, certain parts of a cow will be rough or chewy.

Comment

Originally posted by Enayze View Post
              I've been experimenting lately with Prime Strips. You can definitely tell the difference between your standard steak.

However, regularly I enjoy chuck steaks cooked at Medium Rare.

Filet Mignon, Tri Tip, and Porterhouse. Ribeye also.
              Originally posted by GalaxyKnuckles View Post
              Bone in ribeye or NY strip rare to medium rare. I was raised from childhood to eat steak well done, didn't realize until I got to college that I had been eating charred leather the whole time.
              Same here bro.

Scarred for life.

Originally posted by Mukuro View Post
              I don't go for that flank steak bull ****. I go with the London Broil.

Actually I usually go for New York or Filet Mignon. Lately I've been pan frying steaks. I used to think grilled is the best, but if you season and cook it right, you can't beat pan fried.

Short ribs are pretty good too when it comes to the grill.

London Broil is delic. Have to disagree with you about pan vs grilled though. Nothing beats grilled to me, if it's grillable. Period.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                Not at all, no matter what grade you get, certain parts of a cow will be rough or chewy.
                Not if you cook and cut it correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post

Pan Frying in a Cast Iron pan with herbs and seasoning is hands down the best! hands down, I only cook my steaks this way now, plus charcoal is really carcinogenic.

I do still like eating a grilled steak now and then, but only once and a while.

I mainly eat my steak cast iron cooked with fresh herbs in the pain it really absorbs the flavor.

Do you add a dollop of butter in the pan after for extra flavoring? I like to toss in fresh thyme from my garden.

Most of the time I just eat my steak in beef stew, I buy a good roast and cook it over night in a slow cooker with potatoes, carrots, etc and its so tender flavorful and juice with the stew mix I use.

Meat is not dangerous people! you have to know what type, stuff like sandwich meat, pepperoni and others with additives like nitrates and preservatives are the dangerous ones, if you slow cook steak and don't grill it on charcoal you can eat steak often and not get cancer. Its the carcinogens that go on the steak that cause it.

Heart disease is another issue though if you eat a lot of fatty steak often you would probably get clogged arteries.

This guy knows what he is talking about.

I actually butter base my steaks in a cast iron skillet using a gas stove.

He is using too much oil which is why his steak is too greasy for my liking.

You get restaurant quality steaks (color, taste etc).

Comment

One thing I notice a lot of people do is not let their steaks rest before eating it.

If you cut into your steak and you see a bunch of juices/blood run out....your doing it all wrong (a lot of that is flavor that is spilling out of your steak).

Just letting your steak rest for 5 minutes after cooking will allow those same juices to reabsorb back into the meat, making that same steak more favorable.

Just a little fyi

Comment

Originally posted by KRITKL View Post
                      Not if you cook and cut it correctly.
                      I agree, but you're the one that said "its all about grade"

Comment

Working...
                      X