Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Guillermo Rigondeaux Eyes March Return, Starting From Scratch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When your talent and ability are head and shoulders above the opponent, you need to close the show. This is professional boxing. Nobody wants to pay to see a glorified sparring session.

If things don't turn around for Rigo this year, his hope for more high profile/high dollar fights will never materialize.

Comment

rigo's style is entirely built upon countering, so naturally the quality of his fights is heavily dependent on the opponent. he should learn to be more aggressive against clearly outmatched opponents like the last guy, but he just needs to continue to do what he does best when he's got a real challenger in front of him

is rey vargas still on the cards for his next fight? i'd like to see him become mandatory for the both the WBC and the WBA, to reduce his chances of being frozen out again

Comment

yawn.... im more into guys who use less movement, u can use defense without all that running,,,head movement, slipping punches like james toney would do, this guy bores me, but some like his style i guess

Comment

Originally posted by lopez36 View Post
          yawn.... im more into guys who use less movement, u can use defense without all that running,,,head movement, slipping punches like james toney would do, this guy bores me, but some like his style i guess
          toney's defense was so great that now he slurs and is likely broke..smh enjoy all styles or call yourself a casual and move on

Comment

Originally posted by hitking View Post
            You, and everyone that thinx like you aren't real fight fans. You're a joke. And pretty much an embarrassment to any real, hardcore fight fan.
            You don't even go to fights. lol @ you trying to determine what a real fight fan is.

Comment

Originally posted by tiliheels View Post
              toney's defense was so great that now he slurs and is likely broke..smh enjoy all styles or call yourself a casual and move on
              agreed 100%....i wonder how many fights have they seen from him...That you can call actual boring would be the last fight against Francisco and Agbeko and that's cuz those fighters did not want to get embarrassed and did not commit to the fight....i would dare them to name me another damn fight where he bored the damn place....****ing dare em...damn ping pong fans
              To Rigo i would say fight don't wait for a big check and fight more often and don't change your style...you could always incorporate things to make it more appealing if you want but if it aint broken dont fix it....

Comment

Get the **** out of boxing you coward.

Comment

Originally posted by LeonSpinxMwfpce View Post
                  You don't even go to fights. lol @ you trying to determine what a real fight fan is.
                  Who doesn't go to fights? I live in TN. So there's not a lotta big fights within driving distance. I went to Broner's last fight in Cincinnati. I also went to Wilder-Molina in Birmingham. Getting to fights is a much bigger, and more expensive deal for me than most hardcore fans, who live on the East or Westcoast.

Comment

Good move by Rigondeaux getting back with Pedro Diaz

Comment

Even thought I am a big fan of his already, I'm looking fwd to Rigo coming with a more entertaining, fan friendly style

Comment

Working...
                      X