No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin's Promoter Reacts To Resolution on Canelo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by icha View Post
    you need to read this article, if you already did, then you have some serious reading comprehension problems...
    you cant possibly be trying to infer that GBP was willing to do Canelo-GGG on May 7?? And that if they magically WERE willing, that it was K2 that wanted to put it off????? LOL

I would make any bet that May 7 was NEVER an option from Canelos side.......

Comment

Originally posted by Sterling Archer View Post
      had canelo been born a regular mexican shade and not his ginger shade,

GGG vs Canelo would for sure take place with no catchweight.

how the hell are you gonna ask for a catchweight from a fellow division titlist?

who does canelo think he is? floyd?
      Guess he got it from his mentor Oscar man since he did it to Hopkins

Comment

Originally posted by Sterling Archer View Post
        had canelo been born a regular mexican shade and not his ginger shade,

GGG vs Canelo would for sure take place with no catchweight.

how the hell are you gonna ask for a catchweight from a fellow division titlist?

who does canelo think he is? floyd?
        Manny makes the champion do it as a challenger , surely the other guys holding a belt have more authority to ask for such a thing .

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
          you cant possibly be trying to infer that GBP was willing to do Canelo-GGG on May 7?? And that if they magically WERE willing, that it was K2 that wanted to put it off????? LOL

I would make any bet that May 7 was NEVER an option from Canelos side.......
          again, did you read the article?? what was loeffler's first sentence???
          if canelo wanted no part of GGG he could have dropped the belt already, or even easier he didnt had to fight for it since cotto was stripped... instead he is been a champion for 3 weeks and already came to an agreement with ggg, canelo doesnt really need all this, he can go back to 154 and fight whoever he wants and still make profitable ppvs...

Comment

I don't see how this means anything really. It was inevitable that there would be an interim fight but allowing that to happen doesn't mean the desired result will occur.

The problem I see for Golovkin is his PPV didn't do great and he will likely be fighting Tuerano Johnson on HBO over the course of a long layoff
            Pretty sure that will be used against him as his Q-rating is entirely contingent on him fighting preferably in front of large audiences.

I just see Golovkin and his team getting played like a fiddle, I do hope for him it does work out but the WBC forcing Canelo into anything is something I will believe when I see.

Comment

im sick and tired of everyone whining about catch weights. its up to the fighters to agree on weight and pay. if either one dont like the terms, no fight. i see it as a middle weight fight to be considered between. 155-160. any weight in between is considered a middle weight fight. catch weights has always been around. even sugar ray leonard fight at catch weights.

Comment

Originally posted by BaDaBiNgVIP View Post
                im sick and tired of everyone whining about catch weights. its up to the fighters to agree on weight and pay. if either one dont like the terms, no fight. i see it as a middle weight fight to be considered between. 155-160. any weight in between is considered a middle weight fight. catch weights has always been around. even sugar ray leonard fight at catch weights.
                prior to oscar - hops, please tell me some other catchweight bouts that were unifications of champions in the SAME DIVISION????

Comment

Originally posted by BaDaBiNgVIP View Post
                  To my understanding, your mandatory fight can't be at a catch weight. Then again, it's the WBC we're talking about.

Comment

And here I thought GGG was a man and principle. Just rolls over for Caneo like the good boy he is.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
                      And here I thought GGG was a man and principle. Just rolls over for Caneo like the good boy he is.
                      What's the alternative? They could either agree to a one fight deal to fight Canelo, or say no, stomp their feet and get Canelo stripped and have no Canelo fight at all. Seems like they went with the option that gets them a Canelo fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X