Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where does Demetrius Andrade fit in at 154?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
    He never looks overwhelming, but always looks like he has more tools in his bag, if you know what I mean. Personally I don't think he's got a whole lot of time left at 154, he's a big guy for that weight and won't be able to make it forever.
    Yes the problem seems to me he doesn't know how to put it all together, he still looks amateurish I have seen no improvements from his first fights on ESPN.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
      Yes the problem seems to me he doesn't know how to put it all together, he still looks amateurish I have seen no improvements from his first fights on ESPN.
      He's obviously improving. But you're right in that you don't see leaps and bounds in that improvement.

In 20 fights he's already Rhode Islands best fighter after Pazienza.

Comment

Not at the elite level yet. It's strange because he is very talented and has really impressive skills. But he's still too careless and amateurish and that will cost him against the upper echelon.

Comment

I thought he was relatively impressive against Vanes, it was a pretty decisive win imo. His chin seems a bit suspect to me though, I need to see more of him before forming a proper opinion, but he looks a talent.

Comment

The top 5 of the top 10 of the 154 division is very good, the bottom 5 of the top 10 is a mass of mediocrity, it is in this mass that Andrade belongs.

Comment

I'd say #3 behind Floyd and Molina? And if Floyd is not considered a 154lber than I put Andrade at #2 behind Molina. Lara at #3.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
                I'd say #3 behind Floyd and Molina? And if Floyd is not considered a 154lber than I put Andrade at #2 behind Molina. Lara at #3.
                Agree with this...I feel that Molina doesn't get the proper ranking because he is a victim of his style. Wins over Cintron, Spinks, Smith, was seemingly en route to a victory over Kirkland, Shoulda got the nod over Lara IMO.

Even Perez and Paredes are better than other guys wins who are ranked above him.

I dunno how you can have Canelo over this guy? Even though I think Canelo would beat him, I think for now Molina has the better resume.

Comment

Working...
                X