No announcement yet.

Another unarmed man shot and killed by policeman

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Inkanyamba View Post
    Tell me more. Where your rights violated? Why did they pull you out of your car for a simple traffic stop in the first place? You should have recorded their actions. I know police don't like it when they're being filmed, especially by minorities but it's important to always film the police.
    It's also illegal

Comment

Originally posted by Szef View Post
      It's also illegal
      What is illegal? Filming the police? Filming the police is NOT by any means illegal. Where do you live where it's illegal?

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
        And I'm saying that such a broad stroke would be unworkable from a legal standpoint. Some guy breaks into your house, you push him out the front door and he pulls out a knife. Unarmed combat? Some guy steals from you and you chase after him to get it back, you grab the item he stole and he pulls out a gun, do you have to be all Neo? Bear in mind that I don't agree with widely available concealed carry permits.
        Naturally, concealing a weapon in your own home would seem redundant. I meant carrying a concealed weapon in public, then going gun hoe on someone. Personally if an intruder is in your house and you're packing, well whatever happens next, they called upon themselves.

You see I agree with much of this. I think that people mistake their concealed weapon for extra balls and deliberately get themselves into dangerous situations they would otherwise seek to avoid. That's how guns are marketed in the United States. The phrase used is "self defense" but what the target audience is supposed to think is "avenging gunman". Guns are marketed towards people that want to be Dirty Harry, not people who want to be Shaggy from Scooby Doo. As a result it's not surprising when you get a self-described "good guy with a gun" getting into a public shoot-out with another self-described "good guy with a gun" over a parking spot.
        It seems almost alien for us to actually agree!!

Comment

Working...
        X