No announcement yet.

Progressive Rock / Fusion Music

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Wow...Super Guitar Trio with Al Di Meola, Larry Coryell and Birelli Lagrene. That vid just absolutley blew me away. Awesome find, sparkman! I grew up listening to these 3 guys.

Return to Forever featured Al for a while, I saw Larry Coryell long ago when he played with 11th house (drummer Alphonse Mouzon) was quite a treat!

Berelli Legreen was a child prodigy, playing classical guitar with full orchestra at age 7, He started playing at 4 years old...lol.

I watched that vid in it's entirety. Wow, food for the soul. I especially loved their rendition of Spain, a staple among jazz musicians for it's flexibilty. It's nice to know I'm not the only jazluvr here...lol.

Other nice vids here as well, I seen Mahavishnu Orchestra twice, Billy Cobham 3 times, as well as Larry C., but this one really got me. I would venture to say Al is the fastest guitar player alive. I've never heard anybody that can play with such speed and versatility...just my opinion.

There is so much beautiful music, one can't listen to enough, at least i feel that way. Just can't get enough. Vlc has a plug-in on their site called tune-in radio, it enables vlc to find literally thousands, maybe every online station out there.

Awesome thread...5 star for sure. Thanks again, sparkman, from a very appreciative jazluvr.

Comment

Originally posted by sweetpea87 View Post
        Here's some of my favorites

If you want discover some prog and fusion bands, this is a really good site for it.
        http://www.progarchives.com/
        EL&P is obvious...
        As about Al DiMeola: you should have started with the "source"...

John McLaughlin (Mahavishnu Orchestra)...

Comment

Originally posted by sweetpea87 View Post
          Here's some of my favorites

Comment

Comment

I can't embed on my phone, but here are some names to check out. I'm not as big on the ELP-style stuff so these should be distinctly different, yet similar enough that I think you might appreciate them.

On the German side (my favorite),
              Amon Düül II
              Can
              Faust
              Kraftwerk
              Neu!
              Popol Vuh
              Tangerine Dream
              Ash Ra Tempel

^ coined "krautrock"

In general:
              King Crimson