Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No Canelo-Cotto on Sept 14th? Schaefer says Floyd will fight on Sept 14th.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No reason why that fight shouldn't happen next if Mayweather beat Guerrero...fans are funny, they claim Mayweather is afraid of anybody from 140-160 that scores a big women

Guerreo beats Berto "Mayweather Won't Fight Guerrero"
    Trout beat Cotto..."Mayweather Won't Fight Trout"
    Canelo beat Trout..."Mayweather Won't Fight Canelo"
    If Danny beats Zab..."Mayweather Won't Fight Danny Garica"

BLAH BLAH BLAH... Its the same **** Over and Over...then when he fights them and beat them then it is all type of excuses, if he fights a beat Canelo it is already excuses in place I am sure

Comment

Canelo vs Mayweather isn't happening yet if at all.

Floyd's not jumping into a Canelo fight just like that. I expect anyone in the realm of a Marcos Maidana or Lamont Peterson to be his next opponent. Canelo will more than likely fight Cotto because it's an easier fight than Trout with more money attached.

If both guys win up until May 3rd of next year, then we may have a Superfight, but I'll be honest...I won't be the least bit surprised that this somehow doesn't happen.

Comment

Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post
        Canelo vs Mayweather isn't happening yet if at all.

Floyd's not jumping into a Canelo fight just like that. I expect anyone in the realm of a Marcos Maidana or Lamont Peterson to be his next opponent. Canelo will more than likely fight Cotto because it's an easier fight than Trout with more money attached.

If both guys win up until May 3rd of next year, then we may have a Superfight, but I'll be honest...I won't be the least bit surprised that this somehow doesn't happen.
        It's actually the opposite.

GBP won't throw Canelo in with Floyd just like that.

Mayweather being afraid of Canelo is the silliest thing I have heard this year. The funny part is, earlier in the year every one was bashing the thought of Mayweather-Canelo, because Canelo was supposedly green; but now one fight changes that. Now every one is all excited calling Floyd scared and predicting that Mayweather-Canelo won't happen September "Coz Floyd scared" when in fact GBP had already said before the Trout fight, that Canelo's options were Cotto, Angulo, and Martinez.

Comment

If floyd doesn't fight canelo he could end up turning the Mexican fan base he has against him and they could stop buying his ppvs. That would hurt his numbers.its a lot different of a situation then was against PAC man. Might not pull those 1million plus he's being doing if he doesn't fight canelo. I know there's not much excitement as it is to see him fight the ghost. How about Martinez for sept? He helped pull a half a million buys on ppv and I'm sure he would drain himself to 154 just to get his hands on lil floyd. Manny fought guys bigger than him. So can floyd right? Lol here comes the hate
          Last edited by Chiboxing123; 04-23-2013, 04:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KnockUTheFukOut View Post
            No reason why that fight shouldn't happen next if Mayweather beat Guerrero...fans are funny, they claim Mayweather is afraid of anybody from 140-160 that scores a big women

Guerreo beats Berto "Mayweather Won't Fight Guerrero"
            Trout beat Cotto..."Mayweather Won't Fight Trout"
            Canelo beat Trout..."Mayweather Won't Fight Canelo"
            If Danny beats Zab..."Mayweather Won't Fight Danny Garica"

BLAH BLAH BLAH... Its the same **** Over and Over...then when he fights them and beat them then it is all type of excuses, if he fights a beat Canelo it is already excuses in place I am sure
            This

Comment

Originally posted by chibox123 View Post
              If floyd doesn't fight canelo he could end up turning the Mexican fan base he has against him and they could stop buying his ppvs. That would hurt his numbers.its a lot different of a situation then was against PAC man. Might not pull those 1million plus he's being doing if he doesn't fight canelo. I know there's not much excitement as it is to see him fight the ghost. How about Martinez for sept? He helped pull a half a million buys on ppv and I'm sure he would drain himself to 154 just to get his hands on lil floyd
              Funny how no one EVER mentions this. Floyd gets a lot of his PPV buys from Mexican fans, why else does he always fight on a Mexican holiday and usually against a Mexican opponent. If Floyd fights a Khan, Alexander or Peterson(guys that are rumored to fight Floyd next) you think Mexican fans would still choose that Floyd fight over a Canelo/Cotto or JMM/Bradley fight? Please.

Comment

If Floyd is going to fight Sept. 14 and compete against Marquez, he can't fight a non-Mexican. Mayweather/Canelo may very well happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Escobedo View Post
                  Funny how no one EVER mentions this. Floyd gets a lot of his PPV buys from Mexican fans, why else does he always fight on a Mexican holiday and usually against a Mexican opponent. If Floyd fights a Khan, Alexander or Peterson(guys that are rumored to fight Floyd next) you think Mexican fans would still choose that Floyd fight over a Canelo/Cotto or JMM/Bradley fight? Please.
                  Floyd did over a million with Shane...lets cut the b.s.

Comment

Originally posted by Escobedo View Post
                    Floyd did over a million with Cotto who isnt mexican. Shane also isnt mexican and still produced big numbers

Comment

Originally posted by Scratch2win28 View Post
                      Floyd did over a million with Shane...lets cut the b.s.
                      1.4 million.
                      More than Marquez, more than Ortiz, less than Cotto.
                      So next thing you know, people will be saying that the P.R fanbase is the only reason Mayweather is afloat

Comment

Working...
                      X