Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would size(weight) be a big factor in Pacquiao-JMM III?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
    6 lbs is a lot when it comes to boxing....and JMM at 144 will be bloated up to make weight...

while Manny has grown into WW

size is definitely a factor IMO
    size would not be a factor here, itll be the skill.

i think pac blew up to 148 on their last fight.
    i seriously think pac will only weigh 146 on fight night. while jmm will be 144, officially @ 142.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
      You didn't answer none of my questions so I will ask again.

Are those unofficial weight factual weight? Do you know how they weighed in? Did you see them weighed in? What rules are their for unofficial weigh-in?

Why do people pay so much attention to unofficial weigh-in is beyond me.
      What do mean by factual? Of course its unofficial but the fact HBO displayed it on live tv viewed by millions of people around world, it must be factual and not like the HBO just made that up for fun. They have their own weighing machine although its unofficial. If my memory serves me right. Floyd refused the HBO to be weighed in fight night against Marquez.
      Last edited by straightleft; 05-27-2011, 02:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by straightleft View Post
        What do mean by factual? Of course its unofficial but the fact HBO displayed it on live tv viewed by millions of people around world, it must be factual and not like the HBO just made that up for fun. They have their own weighing machine although its unofficial.
        Is it factual in a sense do you know how they weighed in?

I will ask again...

Do you know how they weighed in? Did you see them weighed in? What rules are their for unofficial weigh-in?

Comment

Is it factual in a sense do you know how they weighed in?

I will ask again...

Do you know how they weighed in? Did you see them weighed in? What rules are their for unofficial weigh-in?
          Don't ask me. What I know they been doing it even before I was born.

Comment

Originally posted by straightleft View Post
            Don't ask me. What I know they been doing it even before I was born.
            With all due respect sir, if you don't know. Then please don't pay attention to unofficial weigh-in.

Comment

Originally posted by MEAT View Post
              size would not be a factor here, itll be the skill.

i think pac blew up to 148 on their last fight.
              i seriously think pac will only weigh 146 on fight night. while jmm will be 144, officially @ 142.
              Both skills and size matters. SKills can compensate the lack of size/weight/reach/height to a certain extent but only so much.

Comment

Originally posted by sdcluser View Post
                Both skills and size matters. SKills can compensate the lack of size/weight/reach/height to a certain extent but only so much.
                size difinitely matters as much as skill...but unlike, reach,skills,height , they dont matter in terms of what class you belong, only weight......so wether two fighter have difrent skills, height,reach, power,etc does'nt mean one should be held at a higher standrad than the other........both pac and jmm are similar in size, so it should'nt matter which weightclass they fight at.....

Comment

With all due respect sir, if you don't know. Then please don't pay attention to unofficial weigh-in.
                  Why not? Will you please care to explain and enlighten us on this matter? Its our pleasure to know and this would be a great knowlegde for us to know why.

Comment

Originally posted by whirlwind View Post
                    Why not? Will you please care to explain and enlighten us on this matter? Its our pleasure to know and this would be a great knowlegde for us to know why.
                    For example what was the weight difference in Pac and Margarito?

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post
                      hell****ing no...whether the fight is at 135, 140 or 147...both will come in similar in weight.....pac being at 148 and jmm at 145.....NO BIG DEAL!
                      this is about right both guys will be separated 4-5 pounds the average weight difference for their previous 2 fights was 3-4.

correct me guys, I think on the first fight JMM outweight Pac on fight night ...

Comment

Working...
                      X