Collapse
No announcement yet.

In a dream fight who would win? Marciano vs Dempsey

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dempsy would win on stoppage on cuts, and in skills he also trumps Marciano, good footwork, fast hands, and good power in either hand.

Comment

Originally posted by sleazyfellow View Post
      Dempsy would win on stoppage on cuts, and in skills he also trumps Marciano, good footwork, fast hands, and good power in either hand.
      Cuts would definately be a factor if this was set in the modern era.
      Personally i'd have set it back in Dempsey's era to enable both men to give the best of themselves. No neutral corner etc would make this a real war.

Comment

Originally posted by GJC View Post
        Cuts would definately be a factor if this was set in the modern era.
        Personally i'd have set it back in Dempsey's era to enable both men to give the best of themselves. No neutral corner etc would make this a real war.
        No neutral corner is kind of disturbing. This thread made me watch Dempsey-Willard again, and there is one knockdown where Willard is on the floor, clearly hurt, picks up one glove and gets walloped by a straight right and he eats it right on the canvas. He took such a bad beating in that fight, I really don't understand how the neutral corner rule didn't come in earlier.

Comment

Watched a lot of video on Marciano, I think he could beat him. Might go the distance might not.

Comment

It's just about unanimous for Dempsey so far. I pick him to win it, but I thought we'd have more arguments.

Comment

marciano by ko in 3

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Blue Yonda View Post
                It's just about unanimous for Dempsey so far. I pick him to win it, but I thought we'd have more arguments.
                I notice that Marcino does not often get picked to win in hdh fantasy fights.
                Last edited by Holtol; 02-03-2011, 06:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BigStereotype View Post
                  No neutral corner is kind of disturbing. This thread made me watch Dempsey-Willard again, and there is one knockdown where Willard is on the floor, clearly hurt, picks up one glove and gets walloped by a straight right and he eats it right on the canvas. He took such a bad beating in that fight, I really don't understand how the neutral corner rule didn't come in earlier.
                  You're probably right, might be a step too far.
                  My blood thirsty side coming out
                  Fancy Marciano would adapt though, less rules is better for the Rock!

Comment

Marciano by late round KO.

Comment

Originally posted by GJC View Post
                      You're probably right, might be a step too far.
                      My blood thirsty side coming out
                      Fancy Marciano would adapt though, less rules is better for the Rock!
                      I think this is a dream match-up for fans. Even though both have great chins both have true knock-out power. I don't see this lasting past 6-8 rounds. I think it would a heavyweight Hagler-Hearns with Dempsey playing the role of Hagler.

Comment

Working...
                      X