No announcement yet.

I'm not fooled by Amir Khan!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm not fooled by Amir Khan!!

Good performance tonight from the lad but i think people need to look a little deeper into his recent record and you might see a few interesting things.

1. Kell Brook just said that Khan has always been good against Southpaws even in the amateurs. That might explain why four out of his eight fights since he faced Chino have been against lefties.

2. Since he faced Maidana (which he hung on for dear life towards the end) he's fought four orthodox fighters, in that run he got knocked out by Garcia, outworked by Peterson and also dropped by Diaz.

3. So in essence FOUR out of the last five orthodox fighters he's faced (Madiana, Garcia, Peterson and Diaz) have given him problems.

4. Those fights showed us TWO glaring weaknesses in Amir's game...the first being he's wide open to left-hooks from the orthodox stance (Prescott was the first to exploit that and then Garcia) and secondly he CANNOT fight inside which Peterson and Maidana demonstrated.

Since his brutal defeat to Garcia he hasn't shown us that he has addressed those two deficiencies in his game...he's faced two orthodox fighters since then and Diaz had him on the floor and caused him all sorts of problems.

His speed and combo's are to be admired but I'm still not convinced he has an inside game and those guys at the top level will exploit that...the way Peterson bullied him on the ropes round after round with Amir having no clue how to get out of it was incredible.

Lastly just look at the Garcia ko HERE .The same left-right combinations he was throwing tonight is what leaves him open to a left-hook against orthodox fighters...the amount of left-hooks he takes there is just amazing...the kid couldn't adapt.

Maybe Hunter has ironed them out? who knows....but he hasn't faced anyone recently who brings those skills to the table.
    Last edited by Silky-Flow; 12-14-2014, 01:47 AM.

That's why i think Khan doesn't want the Brook fight right now...because Brook brings those tools to the party.

Comment

LOL. Troll looking for attention

Comment

Khan has improved and is fighting smarter and has matured a whole lot. A smart fighting Khan who is in his prime will be dangerous no matter who he fights.

Comment

Originally posted by jamsta View Post
          LOL. Troll looking for attention
          How the hell is it "trolling"? what have i said in the OP that isn't true?

FOUR OF THE LAST FIVE ORTHODOX FIGHTERS HE'S FACED HAVE GIVEN HIM PROBLEMS.

1. Garcia he got ko'd

2. Peterson he got beaten on the inside

3. Diaz knocked him down and kept catching him with clean shots

4. Maidana almost killed him in those last rounds

Those are the facts buddy!!..until he proves he can handle the left-hook and at least develop a clinch game i won't be convinced he can live at the very top of the game.

Comment

Keep running Floyd, you old fart

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
              Keep running Floyd, you old fart
              Khan got Garcia, Prescott and Peterson problems my friend!!...why hasn't he avenged those beatings?

Comment

Kahn is Kahn.

I don't see why everyone acts like he should be a prime SRL. He's an exciting B+ level fighter who is a huge draw.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

Good thread and everything you said was very accurate.

People are making a big deal out of his last two wins. Old ass Collazo and mediocre Alexander, who not long ago got a worse beating from Porter. Let me know when Khan beats somebody like Garcia, Thurman, Brook, Porter, or even Maidana in a rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by Run View Post
                    Kahn is Kahn.

I don't see why everyone acts like he should be a prime SRL. He's an exciting B+ level fighter who is a huge draw.
                    It's funny isn't it? he beats a few southpaws who have no inside game or effective left-hook in their arsenal and suddenly everything is forgotten!!..Khan throws those combo's too straight and is open to be countered!!..i don't think Floyd has anything to worry about.

Comment

Working...
                    X