Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's up with Mexican drug cartel brutality?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
    5 Years After: Portugal's Drug Decriminalization Policy Shows Positive Results

http://www.scientificamerican.com/ar...riminalization
    thats portugal not america dumb ass

Comment

Originally posted by La Fuerza 20 View Post
      thats portugal not america dumb ass
      right, who are we to argue with statistics.

Comment

why not?

because this is a civilized society not some drug land. Do you understand how many more people would be drug addicts if illegal drugs were made legal? you can basicaly forget about people graduating from schools or colleges. Also forget about being able to drive on the road because most likely your going to be killed off the road by a strung out junkie.
        That is a bad argument saying that if we legalize drugs then there would be more drug addicts on the street. But you have to realize that alcohol is a legalized drug in all honesty. It deprives people of their senses and make susceptible to crime as well from drunk driving to date rape.

Also, the U.S. banned alcohol and looked what happened the MOB got into it and dishonest people made alcohol dangerous from acquiring it to people just working around it. Now, beer, wine, and liquor companies are worth billions of dollars providing jobs to thousands of people within the U.S. alone.

Imagine the benefits of legalized drugs. Marijuana can be used from medical purpose, clothes manufacturing, to drug discoveries in alleviating cancer or even asthma. Ecstasy can be prescribed for depression. If you think about it a lot of people experience depression in their life and we have medicines that completely affect people health from the side effects. I know some people who takes depression pills and it gives them stomach cramps, cotton mouth, and are like bipolars. What if we can offer them regulated drugs like Ecstasy with a doctor's prescription? Also, as a society we can always tell them that the drugs are affecting them.

We have Alcoholics Anonymous and Drug Rehabs. So, we already have the sources for people rebounding out of drug use. However, this time we know when they started using drugs because they were medically prescribed or they are recorded in a person's credit card history. I have credit card history dating all the way from 2003. So, if people like Psychiatrist or Psychologist wants to know when a person started abusing drugs then their credit history will tell it.

All these recreational drugs have its ups and downs. In a regulated market, gangs will have no place to go but go legit. Imagine legally buying bulks of marijuana from Afghanistan being taxed and all that instead of U.S. soldiers burning it or getting in harms way because of Afghani warlords.

There are a lot of immediate benefits from legalizing recreational drug use. The consequence is of course higher users but we live in a society where we allow alcohol every day a drunk driver kills an innocent person, an alcoholic beating their love ones, and etc. All I'm going to say is this "RESPONSIBILITY." All successful people in life are either lucky or responsible. It is up to us to be responsible, I can buy all the alcohol all my money can buy but I don't. I can buy all the illegal drugs out there but I don't. So why don't you trust people like me out there? Think about it 6 Billion people in the world and not all of them are alcoholics and drug users. 300 million U.S. Americans and not all of them are alcoholics and drug users too.

Comment

why not?

because this is a civilized society not some drug land. Do you understand how many more people would be drug addicts if illegal drugs were made legal? you can basicaly forget about people graduating from schools or colleges. Also forget about being able to drive on the road because most likely your going to be killed off the road by a strung out junkie.
          Well this civilized society is funding and arming the cartels that have killed 40,000 in the last half decade.

1000 kids just last year alone.
          more so than the American casualties in both current American wars.

if some ******ed junkie wants to put coke up his nose, Let him .. he's an adult and should have the right to put whatever he wants into his body.

I just don't want thousands of kids and tens of thousands of people getting executed every year because people here want to have some weird self righteous feeling by depriving it's citizens of substances they use ANYWAY.

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
            Well this civilized society is funding and arming the cartels that have killed 40,000 in the last half decade.

if some ******ed junkie wants to put coke up his nose, Let him .. he's an adult and should have the right to put whatever he wants into his body.

I just don't want thousands of kids and tens of thousands of people getting executed every year because people here want to have some weird self righteous feeling by depriving it's citizens of substances they use ANYWAY.
            You're an idiot. This guy's logic spans from studies that you could never dispute. Everyone who doesn't think like him is an idiot as he called me while laughing at the article I posted from the Scientific American which is not a credible source.

Comment

Originally posted by jjbj2 View Post
              There are a lot of immediate benefits from legalizing recreational drug use. The consequence is of course higher users but we live in a society where we allow alcohol every day a drunk driver kills an innocent person, an alcoholic beating their love ones, and etc. All I'm going to say is this "RESPONSIBILITY." All successful people in life are either lucky or responsible. It is up to us to be responsible, I can buy all the alcohol all my money can buy but I don't. I can buy all the illegal drugs out there but I don't. So why don't you trust people like me out there? Think about it 6 Billion people in the world and not all of them are alcoholics and drug users. 300 million U.S. Americans and not all of them are alcoholics and drug users too.
              your a dum ass man. responsiblity is out of the door when people are addicted to hard drugs.

why dont we just start giving out drugs to babies and toddlers? what i dont get is why cant people just live a non drug abusing life? are you really taht soft that you need a drug to depend on? dont sit up here and try to tell me that there would be civilization with people strung out left and right. no one is going to show up to work and many people are going to flat out fail and die

Comment

just because something is made legal doesn't mean that theres gonna be much more addicts. If drugs were legal I still wouldn't mess with them.

Comment

Originally posted by La Fuerza 20;11003994

[B
                  why dont we just start giving out drugs to babies and toddlers? [/B]what i dont get is why cant people just live a non drug abusing life? are you really taht soft that you need a drug to depend on? dont sit up here and try to tell me that there would be civilization with people strung out left and right. no one is going to show up to work and many people are going to flat out fail and die
                  because we see babies smoking cigarettes and getting drunk every day huh?

I'm 21 and I almost never drink and I don't smoke.
                  If people want to do it, let them it's their life.

Most people won't do it anyway. Decriminalizing drugs will save tens of thousands of lives, and if we tax it.. it will bring in billions in revenue & we can finally cut back on the war on drugs spending. Since the war has been a failure anyway. It wouldn't be necessary anymore. We could move some of those funds to fund clinics and rehab centers for junkies trying to stop.
                  Last edited by LeG00N; 08-17-2011, 11:56 PM.

Comment

because we see babies smoking cigarettes and getting drunk every day huh?

I'm 21 and I almost never drink and I don't smoke.
                    If people want to do it, let them it's their life.

Most people won't do it anyway. Decriminalizing drugs will save tens of thousands of lives, and if we tax it.. it will bring in billions in revenue & we can finally cut back on the war on drugs spending. Since the war has been a failure anyway. It wouldn't necessary anymore. We could move some of those funds to fund clinics and rehab centers for junkies trying to stop.
                    why not just hit drugs and users with even harsher penalties? You want tax money? why dont you tax the f**k out of the convicted drug dealers and junkies? if they have money to get high every day they have money to pay to the state!

Comment

why not just hit drugs and users with even harsher penalties? You want tax money? why dont you tax the f**k out of the convicted drug dealers and junkies? if they have money to get high every day they have money to pay to the state!
                      Because there's already Millions of people in jail because of drug related crimes.
                      It' cost a lot to take care of these people.

It would cost more to lock people up

Comment

Working...
                      X