Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which style do you prefer, face first brawler or skilled boxer?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tennis-legend View Post
    nostalgia tards overatted the quad unity partner ship of hearns, duran, SRL and haggler

1. SRL was a ducker
    2. china chin had skill but china in his chin
    3. duran's ATg statis comes from being in the ring for too long- not actual talent
    4.haggler is shit
    I hope you're being sarcastic.

Comment

no option for Brawlers with decent boxing skills

Comment

i prefer boxer who moves forward while boxing, SRL, RJJ, Piro, and Martinez too i like Pacs style too the way he circle his opponents not sure if u call it a boxer

boxer who backpedals = boring

Comment

Originally posted by Hi Hater View Post
          Exactly, that's why I don't understand how an old jack ass like Larry Merchant and so called boxing fans think a brawl is the only kind of entertaining fight. Some people like watching boxers who actually know how to make you miss.
          I guess this is just the nature of the beast, but maybe, just maybe we could look at boxing in its purist form and revel in the glory of those that practice it with such skill. When I watch Mayweather fight its like I'm watching the Mozart of the boxing world compose symphonies in his lopsided victories. Whatever he may represent to some outside the ring should be considered seperately from what he can do inside it. It's pretty cool to see someone with that much dedication to the sport ply his trade though.

Yeah, but at the end of the day there'll always be enough blood, guts, and human suffering to assuage the Larry Merchants of the world.

Comment

If you're a true fan of the sport of boxing,you can appreciate both types of fighter.

Comment

I think most serious boxing fans like aggressiveness. The casual fan enjoys it even more. I have little use for a fighter that possesses little or no skill. Truth is, all the ATGs had some measure of skill. Even so-called brawlers like Marciano had deceptive skill. (Although "Rocky" relied much more on his amazing conditioning and natural gifts.)

I've always preferred guys like Duran and Hagler: aggressive, blue collar fighters that possessed excellent but un-dazzling skills. Nearly on the same level of preference are highly skilled boxer-punchers like Leonard and Arguello. Next on the list are the pure boxers, men who rely almost entirely on their boxing ability. I'm not a huge fan of this type of fighter, but they top the brawlers. The name of the game is "boxing" not "brawling". I'm a fan of the former....

Comment

Originally posted by ghns1133 View Post
                i think RJJ isgreat but i dont think the greatest MW of all time....

but I guess u could argue that
                how can you argue that? he didnt do **** at MW

Comment

Originally posted by Slip Stream View Post
                  I guess this is just the nature of the beast, but maybe, just maybe we could look at boxing in its purist form and revel in the glory of those that practice it with such skill. When I watch Mayweather fight its like I'm watching the Mozart of the boxing world compose symphonies in his lopsided victories. Whatever he may represent to some outside the ring should be considered seperately from what he can do inside it. It's pretty cool to see someone with that much dedication to the sport ply his trade though.

Yeah, but at the end of the day there'll always be enough blood, guts, and human suffering to assuage the Larry Merchants of the world.
                  I'm definitely not a fan of Floyd or his style, but I admire his incredible ability and skill. There is no doubt, Mayweather is among the most skilled and gifted boxers of all time. Excellence should always be valued, if not appreciated.

Comment

who would you put ahead of him?

i think he's too big and strong for SRR
                    Monzon,

hagler

greb

dick tiger

gene fulmer

a bunch of people...

RJJ was bigger than some of those guys but he wasnt very durable

heis great but he never faught a great swarmer to really prove what he was made of.

i cant even remember what this agrument is about.

Comment

nostalgia tards overatted the quad unity partner ship of hearns, duran, SRL and haggler

1. SRL was a ducker
                      2. china chin had skill but china in his chin
                      3. duran's ATg statis comes from being in the ring for too long- not actual talent
                      4.haggler is shit
                      U troling bro....

srl was a ducker but he was more skilled thatn RJJ srl had technicals skills
                      rather than just pure athleticism plus he had heart and a good chin

and this is coming from someone who doesnt like ray....

i like RJJ more than Ray....

hearns was a much better boxer than jonse and if it wasnt for hearns chin i would bet my money on him to win by ko otherwise at 160 i would say its 50-50

and duran is an atg cause he won titles in four weightclasses and his skills are better than rjjs in my oppinion if u cant see his skills than u should get glasses....

and hagler is ****? i dont even need to bother with that one.

if ur trolling atleast make it funny

Comment

Working...
                      X