Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WOW, Teddy Atlas really dont know what he's talking about most of the time!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honestly, he didn't really say anything that disrespectful.

"The Kostya Tszyu selection -- a lot of people are going to raise their eyebrows a little bit. Matter of fact, I was in a barbershop the other day. No better place to talk boxing than in a barbershop. A lot of people were saying that they don't think Tszyu belongs in there. Both of his losses were by knockout."

He didn't even say that he agreed with it. While I think that he probably does, it's not the most disrespectful thing he could have said. Truthfully, what he said is at the very least correct. He did lose twice and he was stopped in both losses.

Nonetheless, he mentioned Tyson losing to lesser fighters and then went on to say that Tyson was the youngest reigning Heavyweight champion. I think that if you brought up Kostya having been one of the longest reigning Jr. Welterweight champions in history, that he wouldn't argue with it.

I'm not a big fan of Atlas, but he wasn't really out of line here. They asked for his opinion and he gave a decent one. Doesn't mean you have to agree. Doesn't mean that he has to say that everything is great and they are all the best fighters ever to him, either. Differences in opinions. That's all.

Comment

Originally posted by Forza View Post
      Atlas was raised in the streets running wild and fighting everyone who looked at him funny. People like that don't hold their tounge, he speaks whats on his mind.

The truth hurts, KT is far from 1st ballot HOF material.
      If you think that's true, it doesn't hurt me. Zoo isn't a fav of mine - I always felt he was a touch over-regarded in some quarters.

The stuff in the bold means absolutely nothing. Doesn't make Atlas a man, doesn't make him credible in any sense. By all accounts, he was just an insecure punk who did stupid things and ended up getting cut up by some other punk (which hurt his vanity).

Comment

Atlas says the same thing everytime Bang,Bang,got Famous off Tyson.I dont think Tszyu should be in the Hof just cus 34 fights ,not enough has he beaten any HOFamers , a battled out 38 yrs jcc not enough .zab is b to c class fighter , not enough But If Sylvester Stallone made it in,What does that say about the Boxing Hall Of Fame

Comment

Working...
        X