No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Televisa Results From Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Televisa Results From Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico

By Jake Donovan - Jesus Silvestre earned a shot at an alphabet strawweight title in a big way, registering an early contender for Knockout of the Year, as Yader Escobar was knocked out cold in the fourth round of their Televisa-televised swing bout in Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico.

Silvestre scored two knockdowns in the round, including a left hook that left no doubt. Escobar was out upon impact, crumbling to the canvas, leaving the referee no choice but to wave off the fight without a count. [Click Here To Read More]

The winner of Erislandy Lara and Austin Trout will become a rising star at super middleweight. I hope they get it on.

Comment

This Alvarez is worse than his brother so no big surprise. Trout is like 99% of the fighters from New Mexico, soon as they put him with a guy that can fight, bye-bye... Last great fighter from NM was Bob Foster, since then sub-par fighters, drug addicts, etc...

Comment

I watched the whole fight, Trout simply jabbed better, hugged better, and ran better, never really hurting the mechanical Alvarez. Trout will lose whenever he faces a guy with better technique. Alvarez showed resistance, like all Mexicans.

Comment

Originally posted by youngmoney007 View Post
          This Alvarez is worse than his brother so no big surprise. Trout is like 99% of the fighters from New Mexico, soon as they put him with a guy that can fight, bye-bye... Last great fighter from NM was Bob Foster, since then sub-par fighters, drug addicts, etc...
          Maybe the backs from New Mexico but not the Mexican New Mexicans.

Comment

Originally posted by youngmoney007 View Post
            Johnny Tapia was not subpar.

Comment

Fight wasen't as exciting as I believed it would be.

Comment

So is going to be LAra vs Trout, good with me

Comment

This "TOMATO CAN" Alvarez NEVER deserved to fight for a World Title, never mind to even have 1..Alvarez fought & barely beat another Tomato Can(Nobuhiro Ishida) for it... & it was obvious that as soon as he faced a real contender he would loose his title..& it just happened on his 1st defense!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JakeNDaBox View Post
                    By Jake Donovan - Jesus Silvestre earned a shot at an alphabet strawweight title in a big way, registering an early contender for Knockout of the Year, as Yader Escobar was knocked out cold in the fourth round of their Televisa-televised swing bout in Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico.

Silvestre scored two knockdowns in the round, including a left hook that left no doubt. Escobar was out upon impact, crumbling to the canvas, leaving the referee no choice but to wave off the fight without a count. [Click Here To Read More]
                    boy, i don't know jake. i think youre being way to kind.
                    12 unremarkable rounds. crowd started booing in twelfe when alvarez seemed to quit.
                    like paul magno's piece on this fight
                    http://theboxingtribune.com/2011/02/...urdays-action/

Comment

Working...
                    X