Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If ward/Kovalev rematch does not happen, We have no choice but to call SOG a duck

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by adrikitty View Post
    The only way he can't rematch, is if he retires, or Kovalev grants him a fight beforehand.

Kovalev has a guaranteed immediate rematch in the contract.

I predicted that Ward is going to retire if Kovalev is enforcing the clause strictly on him.
    You're a fool...a graduate of Trump university...

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
      You're a fool...a graduate of Trump university...

Comment

To be fair and objective, I dont think ward is gonna retire.........yet

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
            ward's latest statement made it sound like they are gonna make it hard to negotiate the rematch, let's make that clear now.
            Kathy Duva probably shouldn't have to the public, talking all that mess then, imo. The fight is in the works, but Ward made it clear, that it's Roc Nation in the driver seat now, which is his right tbh.

Ward bit his tongue, took his check (note how Ward had no cut of the upside), and took the fight; hopefully Duva knows what's what.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Objectivity View Post
              I predicted ward to win, but Kovalev clearly won in a very controversial fight, If the fight does not push through, more likely than not ward to live of that controversial win.

We have no choice but hold him in the same standard we hold our top tier fighters.

discuss.
              Agreed.

The rematch clause was done the right way it seems, I don't see him finding a way out of it, but if he does, and/or if this takes longer than 6 months to materialize and it's his fault, then that's unforgivable and I will be ruthless on a fighter who up until now I really have no problem with - I was rooting for Kovalev to win but I've always considered Ward top talent and a class act - this would erase all of that for me.

ward's latest statement made it sound like they are gonna make it hard to negotiate the rematch, let's make that clear now.
              It could be posturing, it could be legitimate excuse building, time will tell.

Regardless, tipping your hand about ducking/delaying a fight beforehand doesn't give you a pass. It's still pathetic and he will catch severe heat if he fights anyone but Kovalev next.

Comment

andre's fans pretending they didn't read this "Kovalev's Team Must Realize Rematch Talks Will Be Different"

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=729640

like he didn't get everything his way the first time around? you can't defend this bullshit (yes you can, and you'll do it because some of you actually enjoy eating shit)
                The fight wasn't even 2 weeks ago and people are already claiming duck. Cmon now

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Objectivity View Post
                  I predicted ward to win, but Kovalev clearly won in a very controversial fight, If the fight does not push through, more likely than not ward to live of that controversial win.

We have no choice but hold him in the same standard we hold our top tier fighters.

discuss.
                  I agree. Given how many people thought Kovalev won, it would be crazy to not give Krusher a rematch. If he doesn't, then yes. It's a duck.

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
                    The fight wasn't even 2 weeks ago and people are already claiming duck. Cmon now
                    No one is claiming a duck....But if ward somehow finds a way to cancel/fight another LHW or delay it....It is clearly a duck then.

Comment

Oh! We're doing this again?

Comment

Working...
                      X