73% of 60 boxing media people scored it for Sergey Kovalev

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Funky_Monk View Post
    Again how many are qualified judges?
    Harold lederman, in fact he was the most experience judge on show and probably the man who has viewed more boxing than anyone else on show that night.

But your question assumes that qualified judges can't be tampered with. If you believe they are infallible then you must also agree Bradley beta pacquiao, Canelo deserved a draw v mayweather etc etc. Do you?

Comment

Can someone inform me how many of these media people are qualified referees?
      since when do referees score fights? you bonehead

Comment

Originally posted by fightscore View Post
        Good to see the debate on the scores......do you think Main Events will ask for 4 non US officials for the rematch??
        Genuine question, have you run much analysis on the data you have collated?
        I'm a bit of a stats geek.

Also what system would you use to score a fight if you could choose?
        I mean it seems that the 10 must system is pretty useless to my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by GMAN SUPREME View Post
          since when do referees score fights? you bonehead
          Certainly all UK Judges are also referees.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
            Harold lederman, in fact he was the most experience judge on show and probably the man who has viewed more boxing than anyone else on show that night.

But your question assumes that qualified judges can't be tampered with. If you believe they are infallible then you must also agree Bradley beta pacquiao, Canelo deserved a draw v mayweather etc etc. Do you?
            Ya but even Harolds card was a little off. Scoring round 9 for Kovalev was laughable. However I still think Kovalev edged out Ward over the duration of the fight.

Comment

Not at all, that's obviously a consideration but I hear it all the time in so many sports refries are useless or cheating teams etc.
              From people who a don't know the rules and b have never refried any sport in their life.

Comment

So the count stands at one?
                Any advance??

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
                  Ya but even Harolds card was a little off. Scoring round 9 for Kovalev was laughable. However I still think Kovalev edged out Ward over the duration of the fight.
                  That happens.
                  You will always get some deviation but when the vast majority especially those who have had long established careers in the sport are calling it for Kovalev then you know ward got a gift.

Not at all, that's obviously a consideration but I hear it all the time in so many sports refries are useless or cheating teams etc.
                  From people who a don't know the rules and b have never refried any sport in their life.
                  You haven't answered the question.

Did Canelo draw against mayweather?

Did Bradley beat pacquiao?

Comment

That happens.
                    You will always get some deviation but when the vast majority especially those who have had long established careers in the sport are calling it for Kovalev then you know ward got a gift.

On the contrary. You are the one avoiding the question. Resorting to name calling.

I lost money on the fight but I had Ward winning, I could see an argument for a Kov win.
                    It was a close fight.
                    The 10 must scoring system is very flawed.

Comment

That happens.

Do you accept you can;
                      Have a close fight that is very wide on the cards?
                      Win the majority of the fight and lose on the cards?

Comment

Working...
                      X