• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by azza View Post
    kevin kelly,what a fight!
    Agreed............

Comment

Originally posted by ----------- View Post
      Steve Robinson.

he fought him on his own ground in wales.was at his ****iest ever.

a few times he walked towards him with his hands straight up in the air lol.

very disrespectful to him, he was the WBO featherweight champion 2.
      Didn't he knock him down and then go and stand over him and put his skirt over Robinson's head at one point lol

Edit; Had to go and make a gif of it lol

Last edited by JrGooNer; 11-23-2015, 08:16 PM.

Comment

1. Augie Sanchez
        2. Kevin Kelley

Comment

Originally posted by Addison View Post
          Kelly and Sanchez.
          ^^^^^^^^^^

Comment

So many good fights. He beat a lot of B level fighters, good fighters but no one truly exceptional. I think he is a bit like Mike Tyson, he peaked early.

Best fights:

Steve Robinson
            Daniel Alicea
            Manuel Medina
            Tom Johnson
            Kevin Kelley
            Paul Ingle
            Vuyani Bungu
            Augie Sanchez

Naseem is one of those fighters who divides opinion. Some think he was untouchable early in his career who lost motivation, others think he was an overrated bum who lost the first time he fought a good fighter. The truth is somewhere in between. I think its important to know that he won every major belt during his title reign and in each case he beat the champion at the time to do it, that is no mean feat. These guys were good fighters. Medina and Ingle both went on to win world titles after Naz stopped them, and in Medina's case he became world champion 3 times. Bungu hadn't lost in something like 8 years before his fight with Naz, granted it was at super bantamweight, but still that is remarkable run and he beat Kennedy Mckinney twice in that run, who was an excellent fighter.

Yeah his accomplishments are often overlooked because of the loss to Barrera. These guys weren't killers on his resume and some over the hill, but they were good fighters, world champions and I think that and his exciting style, knockouts, and drawing power which were all unprecedented in the lower weights is the main reason he is in the HOF. Its just a shame that his early career promised so much more than he actually achieved, I think that is where some of the disappointment comes from. He should have been a 2 or even 3 weight world champion he had the ability to do it, he hit like a middleweight.

Comment

man I wanted to watch him fight Morales

Comment

Pretty much any Naz fight is sheer entertainment apart from the Cesar Soto debacle.

Kevin Kelley is one of the best fights you'll ever see.

Comment

I have the entire Naseem Hamed collection. All but three of his fights ended in KO, and even those that went the distance were entertaining. His best fight is against Robinson. He broke his hand in that fight and stopped training as much because he'd achieved what he wanted - a world title. After that fight, he was just running on fumes and depending entirely on his punching power. He didn't even rely on his reflexes on anymore. Also, Manny Steward ruined him. Never try to turn an unorthodox fighter into an orthodox fighter, Foreman said it best - "fighters like Naseem and Ali, you wanna tell them to put their hands up, but that's what makes them who they are".

IN short, all his fights are entertaining.

Comment

Robinson, Sanchez (The entrance was epic - Black Rob song) got KD and marked up in the fight, which shows he was getting to the end of his career, but still took out Sanchez in devastating fashion, before running into MAB who took him to school.

Comment

Originally posted by Dimebar View Post

Prime Hamed puts Barrera on his head.
                      Prime? Hamed was 27 when he fought Bererra. Bererra was a month older and had more fights. Get outta here with that garbage. Besides, did you see anything in that fight that leads you to believe that Hamed could ever beat Barrera? I sure didn't.

Nationalistic pride is a good thing per se but you have to keep your feet on the ground. Any version of Berrera > than any version of Hamed.

Comment

Working...
                      X