No announcement yet.

Golden Boy should pull out of the May 4th fight all together

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
    What will Foyd do on his own? Nothing! He cant promote himself and His Promotion Company is a sham! That is why he needs Golden Boy. Lets see how ol Floydie does without Golden Boy.

Now I know they wouldnt do that because they are in the business to make money but really think about it what would Floyd do without Golden Boy?
    He already burned his bridge with Arum whats left for him?

REason why I bring it up is because Canelo is getting crucified for saying he wants a guarantee fight with Floyd in September if he beats Trout and May beats The Ghost. Although I dont really agree with Canelo I see his point. That fight would be huge in September and a real test for FLoyd. Canelo beating Trout would be his way of showing he belongs at the top of 154 and Floyd is a champ at 154 so it would be a unification bout.

OUtside of a Pac fight, Floyd fighting Canelo would be his biggest money fight and a true test especially at 154.

If Floyd really is about making the most money then whats the problem with setting up a fight with Canelo for Sept this year?

Lets see how Floyds PPV numbers will be without Canelo Co-Headling. I think Canelo alone adds about 250-350k PPV buys.

What do you guys think?

From a scale of 1-10 how stupid are you?There`s no guarantee Canelo beats Trout you idiot.Canelo wants a guarantee fight at Floyd regardless if he loses to Trout or not.If Floyd signs to fight Canelo and Canelo loses to Trout how is that gonna make Floyd look if he fights Canelo?

Comment

Originally posted by boxingfeind View Post
      From a scale of 1-10 how stupid are you?There`s no guarantee Canelo beats Trout you idiot.Canelo wants a guarantee fight at Floyd regardless if he loses to Trout or not.If Floyd signs to fight Canelo and Canelo loses to Trout how is that gonna make Floyd look if he fights Canelo?
      He did it with Judah.

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
        He did it with Judah.
        Floyd signed to fight Judah before Judah lost to Baldomir.Its Judah who wanted a tuneup before taking on Floyd.

Comment

What would Floyd do without GBP?

Get another promoter to shill for him I am sure Goosen or Main Event would like their name up in lights like that~

Comment

Floyd signed to fight Judah before Judah lost to Baldomir.Its Judah who wanted a tuneup before taking on Floyd.
            That's why i brought it up.

It was a mandatory not a tune up.

Comment

Yeah... cuz Floyd is fighting Trout if he wins right?

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                What would Floyd do without GBP?

Get another promoter to shill for him I am sure Goosen or Main Event would like their name up in lights like that~

Floyd can go at it alone.All he does anyway is pay Goldenboy to handle the logistics of his own Promotional company so Floyd can pay less taxes.Floyd can always use Haymon and Ellerbe to handle all the logistics of the promotions if Goldenboy leaves.

Comment

Floyd can go at it alone.All he does anyway is pay Goldenboy to handle the logistics of his own Promotional company so Floyd can pay less taxes.Floyd can always use Haymon and Ellerbe to handle all the logistics of the promotions if Goldenboy leaves.
                  and who's fighters would they use for the undercard???

Comment

Originally posted by DominiBox View Post
                    Yeah... cuz Floyd is fighting Trout if he wins right?
                    Yeah and what would be your excuse when Floyd fights Trout if Trouts beats Canelo?

Oh I know,you`ll say:Trout only beat a washed up Cotto and a overhyped Canelo who never beat anybody,Floyd is cherrypicking"

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
                      and who's fighters would they use for the undercard???
                      He could use his own fighters.Floyd is the one that help make Canleo big in the U.S by having Canelo on the undercards.Before that Canelo was not even a big draw in the U.S.He was just a big draw in Mexico.

Comment

Working...
                      X