No announcement yet.

Baldomir >>>> Margarito

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baldomir >>>> Margarito

Too many Margarito nuthuggers still acting like Margarito has actually accomplished something in his career. The fact is Margarito is a chump and if you had to choose between Baldomir or Margarito, it's clear that Baldomir is the better, more accomplished fighter:

-Baldomir's best win was against Zab Judah. Judah is by far a better opponent than anyone Margarito has ever faced in his entire life. It's not even close. Margarito's best win was over an untested prospect, while Baldomir's was over the undisputed welterweight champion of the world.

-Until recently, Baldomir had been considered the true champion at welterweight. Margarito has never graduated past paper champion status and he didn't even beat a titleholder to win his strap.

-They had one common opponent, Joshua Clottey. Against Baldomir, it was a back and forth fight all the way through. Against Margarito, Clottey utterly dominated the opening rounds until suffering a hand injury that took away Clottey's power and his best punch. Many people believe Clottey would have won the fight easily if not for that injury. Baldomir fought a healthy Clottey for 11 rounds and in no way was he dominated like Margarito was at any point in that fight.

Margarito is just hype...
    Last edited by !! $iN; 04-18-2007, 01:59 PM.

Yeah great posting up untill you tried to describe the Clottey v.s. Baldomir fight. I don't know where "back and forth" came from.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

Originally posted by RunW/Knives View Post
      Yeah great posting up untill you tried to describe the Clottey v.s. Baldomir fight. I don't know where "back and forth" came from.
      Go watch it and show me one round where Baldomir gets schooled as badly as Margarito did in the first 4 rounds...

Comment

Originally posted by SiN View Post
        Go watch it and show me one round where Baldomir gets schooled as badly as Margarito did in the first 4 rounds...
        You know what I find really ridiculous? You're using a common fighter as a measuring stick for Margarito.

You're totally discrediting the idea that styles make fights. Clottey trains as hard as anyone in boxing, running 10 miles every morning. The fact that he was able to keep fighting with 1 arm should be a credit to him, and not simply an indication of how bad Margarito is.

How about we talk about what you would do if Margarito wasn't alive. Because as it stands....9/10 of your posts and threads are centered around Margarito and Margarito only.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

Baldomir is done and like you said, Margarito will be after Cotto, so why even talking about them?

Comment

Originally posted by RunW/Knives View Post
            Clottey won the early rounds with Tony winning most of the later rounds.
            I suppose thats back and forth.

And I have seen no evidence from Marigirito that he is a better fighter than baldomir.
            Baldomir has faced better competition and was the linear champion of the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Zerwas1 View Post
              Baldomir is done and like you said, Margarito will be after Cotto, so why even talking about them?
              Who said anything about Baldomir being done? PBF is arguably #1 P4P fighter in the world and losing to him did not take him off the map by any means. There are planty more fights for him out there. I think Judah would have to fight Baldomir (and win) before even talking about fighting PBF again.

Comment

Margarito is a better fighter than Baldomir.

Comment

i agree balameir would beat margarito

Comment

Neither one could ever contend with Mayweather.

Comment

Working...
                    X