No announcement yet.

Pacquiao will be remembered as a greater fighter than Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pacquiao will be remembered as a greater fighter than Mayweather

Manny's a couple of years younger, and he's already fought and won in far more weight classes than Floyd. he started at strawweight (106) and is now fighting at lightweight (135).

Floyd will be remembered as a boring, unpopular fighter, and the coward who ducked Cotto and retired because he was afraid of a rematch with past-prime De La Hoya. Manny will be remembered as an exciting and very popular fighter who never avoided anybody.
    Floyd Mayweather Jr
    29.28%
    Manny Pacquiao
    70.72%

The poll is expired.

looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool I have you on ignore, but this thread title has me cracking up

Comment

PBF will be remembered for preffering not to talk fighting, but rather talk more about retiring and money.
      Pacman will be remembered for not ducking anyone and wanting to fight everyone

Comment

Probably Mayweather.

I like Pacquiao a lot, and like a lot of people on here I am not too keen on Mayweather, but I don't let that blind me to how talented the guy is.

Pacquiao is a great fighter though, and maybe he'll do something spectacular with the rest of his career and end up being remembered as the greater of the two.

Comment

Originally posted by Tunney View Post
          Manny's a couple of years younger, and he's already fought and won in far more weight classes than Floyd. he started at strawweight (106) and is now fighting at lightweight (135).

Floyd will be remembered as a boring, unpopular fighter, and the coward who ducked Cotto and retired because he was afraid of a rematch with past-prime De La Hoya. Manny will be remembered as an exciting and very popular fighter who never avoided anybody.

Comment

i would say when it comes down to skill and accomplishement yeah mayweather has it. but if you grading based on excitement, heart, and will i would have to say pac man. he may not bring as much dollars as floyd but ive found his fights much more exciting than floyds. and the fact that he has never backed away from a challenge helps alot too. i mean he just said hell fight marquez again even though he gave him a tough fight. thats the attitude of a true warrior of the sport.

Comment

Highly unlikely. Mayweather is/was the more talented and skilled fighter.

Comment

I think Mayweather will be remembered as the better skilled fighter, as far as accomplishments go, we'll have to wait and see what both of them will do in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Tunney View Post

Floyd may be a highly technically-skilled boxer; talent-wise and ring generalship, he has everything! Very good record, BUT he never utilized his talent to the fullest by fighting the best in his division!! He will always be remembered as someone who AVOIDS fighters who CAN stain his immaculate record! And therefore, a COWARD! He could talk and talk and talk all day, justifying why he would not fight the best contenders in his division, but in the end... HE WILL be REMEMBERED AS THE FIGHTER WHO WAS AFRAID TO FIGHT THE BEST!

Comment

Although Manny's dominance through the divisions is impressive, you have to remember when Floyd was a 16 year old amatuer he was fighting at 106 too. Manny just turned pro before Floyd did.

Comment

Working...
                    X