Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: "Fighting Words" - Kovalev-Ward: Great to Make, Hard to Sell

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: "Fighting Words" - Kovalev-Ward: Great to Make, Hard to Sell

by David P. Greisman - As shameful as it is that the two best light heavyweights in the world are still no closer to facing each other, no weight class should be tied down by the lack of one fight being made, at least when there are other options available. There aren't always. Adonis Stevenson and Sergey Kovalev remain apart, at least until the proper combination of fate and fortune finally bring them together...
    [Click Here To Read More]

Hard to sell? I see landslide business with a decent undercard. Canelo vs Smith is hard to sell.

Comment

Originally posted by Corelone View Post
      Hard to sell? I see landslide business with a decent undercard. Canelo vs Smith is hard to sell.
      I don't see this doing big business on PPV.

Comment

I won't be buying the PPV because I'll be in the arena, like every self respecting boxing fan should be.

Comment

Hard to sell? They can bring back the Cold War, Kovalev for Putin and Ward for uhm... Trump?! They cey can show Kovalev as the evil killer and Ward as the Son of God to get all the biblebangers in.
          Heck they can even say it's the best boxing match-up since Tyson vs Holyfield I

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
            by David P. Greisman - As shameful as it is that the two best light heavyweights in the world are still no closer to facing each other, no weight class should be tied down by the lack of one fight being made, at least when there are other options available. There aren't always. Adonis Stevenson and Sergey Kovalev remain apart, at least until the proper combination of fate and fortune finally bring them together...
            [Click Here To Read More]
            oh i disagree, they have my full attention

Comment

casuals dont know who these guys are. It wont do well unfortunately. For boxing fans, its probably the biggest fight this year, the best long awaited matchup.

Comment

Kovalev has more casual appeal in the States than Ward.

Comment

Anyone who calls themselves a boxing fan will buy this should do well. This is a fight a lot of people want to see I don't understand the hard sell?

Comment

Ward and Kovalev are not common names to casual fans. Selling this fight as a PPV can be risky! If you don't believe it read this:

http://www.thesweetscience.com/featu...tol-ppv-anyway

NOT EVEN 100K VIEWERS??? WTF???

Comment

Working...
                    X