No announcement yet.

Body shot

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body shot

Hello all I was hurt with a big body shot while sparring a week ago and it still hurts when I move or try to do crunches.. Is it an internal injury?
    Should I discontinue to do sparring for a while ?

A week is an awfully long time for a bruise. If it hurts in your organs, see a doc before something terrible happens. If it's a muscle, try alternating between heat and ice.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
      A week is an awfully long time for a bruise. If it hurts in your organs, see a doc before something terrible happens. If it's a muscle, try alternating between heat and ice.
      Bruised rib takes more than a week at least in my experience. Especially if your going to do crunches and stuff, you will still definitely feel a little pain or discomfort.

To the TS, sit it out bro.
      Last edited by TRTboy; 02-09-2016, 12:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TRTboy View Post
        Bruised rib takes more than a week at least in my experience. Especially if your going to do crunches and stuff, you will still definitely feel a little pain or discomfort.

To the TS, sit it out bro.
        A bruised bone is something entirely different than a typical muscle bruise. If he has a bruised bone then something will definitely feel "wrong ". TS hasn't provided enough useful info to indicate one thing or another. He's concerned enough about it to make a thread. Sitting it out isn't wise advise if you don't know what's ailing him.

Comment

Hello all
          Thanks for the replies and the messages.. Feel much better now

Today went back to sparring and took some terrible head shots coz I kept covering my body to not get another shot haha
          Though I sparred with my trainer and he doesn't pull his punches so those are solid head shots make me buzz

Maybe boxing is not for me..

I can see the punches coming but don't duck or counter

Any advice

Now I know how it is when boxers go there and do what they do in the ring
          Respect to everyone who get there inside the ring

Comment

Originally posted by victorvaldez33 View Post
            Hello all
            Thanks for the replies and the messages.. Feel much better now

Today went back to sparring and took some terrible head shots coz I kept covering my body to not get another shot haha
            Though I sparred with my trainer and he doesn't pull his punches so those are solid head shots make me buzz

Maybe boxing is not for me..

I can see the punches coming but don't duck or counter

Any advice

Now I know how it is when boxers go there and do what they do in the ring
            Respect to everyone who get there inside the ring
            Keep your head up, Keep trying do not give up, The pain you feel now will be worth it, I am not the best but I will strive to become the best what ever it takes.
            Boxing has given me so much self confidence.

Comment

If your body is sore from a body shot, you should take time off till it gets better.

Especially if it's a rib.

It sucks but if you want to heal that's what you need to do. That training through injury stuff is mostly bs.

Comment

Working...
              X