Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sergio Martinez Breaks Hand, Tears Knee Ligaments

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bull****! Look at him immediately after the win, before announcing him champion and his interview in the ring and the post fight presser here on boxingscene.com. His left hand isn't broken nor has torn ligaments. I've had both; his left hand is nowhere near swollen or stiff and there's zero pain or assisted walking. This is an excuse for the Martinez camp where none is needed because he won in impressive fashion.

Comment

Originally posted by tlarry View Post
      Broken hand from hitting a guy in the mouth all night who won't fight back. Staples in your head from a clash of heads. Torn ligaments from trying to get the hell out of the way of Chavez' attack when he decided to fight too late in the fight. And stitches over your eye when Chavez decided too late to let his hands fly. That fight should never have been close. Chavez has some growing up to do. Should have had Sergio horizontal inside 5 rounds.
      Sorry der pal, dat kid got his butt kicked by a 37 year old man with no amateur career, pretty funny

Comment

in the 10th round martinez goes down and roy i think ask why did martinez just go down that could have been when sergio hurt his knee

Comment

swelling is not immediate on a break, that's a fact...ligaments? who knows...mri tells that not an xray, bbut if true he's looking at June b4 training...jr will b 220 by then...

Comment

Originally posted by davetheone View Post
            Bull****! Look at him immediately after the win, before announcing him champion and his interview in the ring and the post fight presser here on boxingscene.com. His left hand isn't broken nor has torn ligaments. I've had both; his left hand is nowhere near swollen or stiff and there's zero pain or assisted walking. This is an excuse for the Martinez camp where none is needed because he won in impressive fashion.
            I've broken my right hand six times. The first three, it was swollen each time i broke it. The next three times, if it swelled, i couldn't tell. You simply cannot speak in such sweeping generalizations.

I'd also offer the example of when i nailed a nail through my left hand. I pulled it out with a cat's claw and it didn't hurt. I worked for another two hours afterwards, no problem. I stopped and ate lunch. During that hour minutes, my hand swelled and hurt so much as to be unuseable. You can't draw any conclusions by how he's reacting when the adrenaline is till high.

Comment

i do remember during the fight roy made a comment that martinez put his left hand inside his glove as if he had injured it. so i think the injuries are legit. i mean i lie about it. he did receive a cut in his eye and head so that makes sense too. and given his age and the fact that he was constantly moving to stay away from chavez, i say the knee injuries make sense as well. but if he needs surgery i doubt the rematch will be immediate. it might not happen until the summer.

Comment

11 rounds to 1, thread closed

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dough View Post
                  Sorry der pal, dat kid got his butt kicked by a 37 year old man with no amateur career, pretty funny
                  That 37 year can fight you ****ing weirdo.

Comment

This is BS. I caught martinez walking the stairs yesterday going to Caesars Palace and only his index finger is swollen. I got the pic to prove it too.

Comment

• Originally posted by El Ceja View Post
                      This is BS. I caught martinez walking the stairs yesterday going to Caesars Palace and only his index finger is swollen. I got the pic to prove it too.
                      post it. edit your face out of it if it's in there (if you want).

Comment

Working...
                      X