Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's the better Mexican superstar??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canelo has the much better skills, he's an all around better fighter than Chavez Jr. Canelo has the capabilities to stand on top of the Jr MW division, a division far more talented than 160 and on top of that...he's not 20 freaking pounds heavier than these dudes.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
      Canelo has the much better skills, he's an all around better fighter than Chavez Jr. Canelo has the capabilities to stand on top of the Jr MW division, a division far more talented than 160 and on top of that...he's not 20 freaking pounds heavier than these dudes.
      This is backfiring dammit. But IMO Chavez is a very skilled pressure fighter. What's ginger's fighting style exactly?? Seems like a wanna be counter puncher/boxer puncher. But he has been applying his trade against no-hopers. I still am not seeing how you gauge him off of beating fighters he's supposed to beat. he looks like a jr Bute to me.

Comment

Although both flat footed, Chavez looks like he walks in mud in his fights, he's good at breaking you down to the body and imposing his size advantage on you by leaning on you and pushing you back and digging the body, but I don't see any adjustments or versatility in his arsenal..

Canelo has the tools to face adversity and has an entire offensive package to take him further IMO, his speed is deceiving and his power has been underestimated. I believe Canelo is being set up slowly to be a HUGE star, and they're taking care of him, but he's handling it well by doing exactly as he's suppose to do, and that's annihilate all comers..

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
          This is backfiring dammit. But IMO Chavez is a very skilled pressure fighter. What's ginger's fighting style exactly?? Seems like a wanna be counter puncher/boxer puncher. But he has been applying his trade against no-hopers. I still am not seeing how you gauge him off of beating fighters he's supposed to beat. he looks like a jr Bute to me.
          Man, Canelo is clearly more skilled. It doesn't matter the competition.

You telling me that you can't say that Gary Russell Jr. is more skilled than Marcos Maidana because of the level of comp? That's crazy.

Canelo's offensive arsenal is extremely impressive. He throws every punch in the book and their textbook punches. Chavez has a good arsenal too, but he needs to get in close where Canelo can beat fighters from the outside. He also moves better than Chavez even though he doesn't move all that well. Canelo is just a sharper puncher, it's clear as day.

Comment

I'm with the majority Canelo is clearly the more skilled fighter and possesses the greater potential not to mention one is 21 the other is 26 five years is a long time so comparing resumes when there is such an age gap is not a fair comparison.

Comment

I don't know Bush, I never thought highly of Lee, the best opponent Chavez Jr. has beaten is Rubio and in my opinion Rubio displayed the better skills, though he was simply outweighed by a large margin. Canelo is the real deal, despite his lack of opposition. At one point Martinez hadn't faced anyone until getting in there against Paul Williams the first time, I was one of the few who said Martinez can pull it off, simply because of the skills he displayed prior.

I'm very impressed with Alvarez, his counter punching abilities are up there, very good footwork, patient, well coordinated and throws his combinations with a lot of commitment. I believe when he does step up he'll perform. He has all the right tools, and again, he doesn't have an extreme size advantage over his opponents like Chavez.

Comment

Chavez jr, or ginger. I didn't like either at 1 point, but IMO Chavez jr has really stepped his game up & dare I say has a shot at legitimately being the best fighter at 160. I used to think that Martinez clowns him, but now I'm not so sure.

I have absolutely no respect for ginger. Rhodes is his greatest win, IMO or Hatton, (not Ricky), for his strap. I cannot name a step up fight since being handed his title. He has reached a curve & done nothing note worthy ever.
                I'm gonna have to agree and go with Jr..I also believe Jr might be a style nightmare for Martinez..Alvarez has to fight Lara to impress me at this point,I understand K-9 is a Champion but he is also a horrible boxer..Alvarez needs to step up imo..

Comment

Originally posted by .WaRCoTTo. View Post
                  Although both flat footed, Chavez looks like he walks in mud in his fights, he's good at breaking you down to the body and imposing his size advantage on you by leaning on you and pushing you back and digging the body, but I don't see any adjustments or versatility in his arsenal..

Canelo has the tools to face adversity and has an entire offensive package to take him further IMO, his speed is deceiving and his power has been underestimated. I believe Canelo is being set up slowly to be a HUGE star, and they're taking care of him, but he's handling it well by doing exactly as he's suppose to do, and that's annihilate all comers..
                  Agree with the bold, it takes him far too long to get set.

Comment

Nice undercover Canelo hate thread, glad it backfired.

Comment

lol@the poll options. I think it comes down to if and/or when they actually fight eachother, will be the ultimate decider of who is the superior Mexican star. Right now as it stands, it seems Canelo is the more popular star in Mexico, while Chavez Jr. is the slightly more popular star in the states... and I just base this on the ratings they got fighting on HBO, as I believe Chavez HBO dates got higher ratings

Comment

Working...
                      X