Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Miguel Cotto wins against any version of Sergio Martinez!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PRp4p757 View Post
    I don't except this. Did you see the poll for this fight. The vast majority had Martinez by ko. There were things being thrown around like a 50% Sergio beats cotto. He came out and made Sergio look bad. Beat him down. Now Sergio is old and his knees and a bunch of other excuses. Sergio made none so no one else should. Period.
    I dont understand why you dont believe that Martinez in his prime would of killed Miguel Cotto at 154 let alone 160.

Martinez was better in every aspect of the sport except popularity. Get off Cotto's nuts please and be a boxing fan and not Cottotard.

Cotto's run at 154 has been medicore at best.

Your username is prp4p so obviously you're opinion is flawed and biased lol.

Comment

Originally posted by arraamis View Post
      I think you're mis-reading the comments -- No one is taking any credit away from Cotto ... period.

At the same time, and being both realistic and observant, Sergio was severely flawed having to return from a 14-month lay-off and a whole host of potential career ending injuries.

Bottom-line: It is well within reason to compliment on one side while observing discrepancies on the other side that made the end result so dramatic.
      The way I feel is that Sergio fought how he has always fought. Knee or no knee cotto wins.

Comment

Fight should have happened in 2011 when Martinez fought Dzinziruk and Cotto fought Mayorga on the same night.

Comment

Cotto looked good but it was more due to Sergios knees. His trainer even said it himself, "your knees are not working champ", Sergio was basically defending himself the whole night. If you look closely, the 3rd knockdown in the first round was more of a trip when Sergio tried to step to his right and couldnt get any leverage of his legs. Cotto was practically rocking him with everything he threw and Sergio is known to have a good chin.

Comment

Originally posted by bopbopbbe View Post
            I dont understand why you dont believe that Martinez in his prime would of killed Miguel Cotto at 154 let alone 160.

Martinez was better in every aspect of the sport except popularity. Get off Cotto's nuts please and be a boxing fan and not Cottotard.

Cotto's run at 154 has been medicore at best.

Your username is prp4p so obviously you're opinion is flawed and biased lol.
            Ok let me say that I have been a boxing fan for over 20 years. I'm proud of my country man and if he would have lost last night I would have not made any excuses. Martinez was supposed to win. That left hook took the fight. His knee stood up and his movement was like his other fights. The only difference is that cotto brought power and cut the ring off. It was the gameplan and knee or no knee cotto would win.

Comment

If Cotto always beats Sergio, why didn't he fight him before?

Comment

Ok let me say that I have been a boxing fan for over 20 years. I'm proud of my country man and if he would have lost last night I would have not made any excuses. Martinez was supposed to win. That left hook took the fight. His knee stood up and his movement was like his other fights. The only difference is that cotto brought power and cut the ring off. It was the gameplan and knee or no knee cotto would win.
                Please....the guy could barely get any force behind his punches and every time he tried to sit down on a punch he fell like a rag doll.

Comment

If you think his movement is the same then thats all we need to know about what you think lol.

His movement wasnt even the same against Murray 14 months ago. Suddenly after aging ANOTHER 14 months, his movement is gonna be the same. Got it.

You may have been following this sport for 20 years but you dont know jack about sports in general.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                    If Cotto always beats Sergio, why didn't he fight him before?
                    In 2010-12, you dont take a fight with a fighter who presents low reward/high risk. Sergio was a top pound for pound fighter but presented little boxing popularity.

Comment

Miguel Cotto is not an easy fight for anybody. But its hard to say. Martinez has always had flaws in his game that could be capitalized on but he was so gifted athletically that he could overcome them. The question is would his athletic gifts in his prime have allowed him to avoid some of those punches, create angles and get his punches off quicker.

Comment

Working...
                      X