No announcement yet.

A Million Styles Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Million Styles Boxing

What's up Ladies and Gents. My name is Barry. I'm a boxing trainer. Currently I do trainings (fight preps and seminars) globally for boxers, kick boxers, and mixed martial artist(coaches and fighters). I am in love with the Science of boxing.

I am here on the forum to answer any questions I can about boxing training for you guys. I have 200+ videos on youtube(millionstylesboksing).

Look forward to hearing from you soon.

Barry

A Million Styles Boxing Manual Introduction

Originally posted by BarryRobinson View Post
    What's up Ladies and Gents. My name is Barry. I'm a boxing trainer. Currently I do trainings (fight preps and seminars) globally for boxers, kick boxers, and mixed martial artist(coaches and fighters). I am in love with the Science of boxing.

I am here on the forum to answer any questions I can about boxing training for you guys. I have 200+ videos on youtube(millionstylesboksing).

Look forward to hearing from you soon.

Barry
    In boxing and other combat sports, we often here the phrase “Styles Make Fights”. I have had different coaches. They all taught different styles. That excites me. In most boxing manuals we are taught one way to train the sport. In reality there has been hundreds of World Champions and all of them fought different. That thought got me thinking about Martial Arts like Karate, Jiu Jitsu, or the other Martial Arts that use different color belts as recognition of mastery relative to that particular art. You never here of the people that participate in those arts say “once I get my purple belt, that’s all I need”. They continue and try to Master all the forms and techniques in their art. I wondered why in boxing do we still hear, “He’s an outside fighter” or “He’s an inside fighter”. I think it’s because we stopped striving for mastery of our sport, boxing.

A Million Styles Boxing is not an over night process. It requires attention to detail, great film study habits, an open mind, and love. Drills are what makes A Million Styles Boxing possible. Drills; Systematic training by multiple repetitions. “Practice makes perfect”. Every coach knows how he would like to build his fighter. Sometime the missing teaching tool is not knowledge of the sport but the “Method of Teaching”. For example I can instruct my fighter to move around the ring as a training technique or I can give him a specific footwork drill like moving forwards and backwards for an entire 3 minutes without mistakes. I believe in the training benefits of drills like these no matter how boring they may become and if the fighter makes mistakes I give them push ups at the end of the round. Often times the fighter will start correcting himself; a) wanting to get better b) those push ups get heavy.

If an aspiring athlete or even a great pro athlete can master all the drills he or she now has a great foundation to add too. Sure I could rush you along and you might even be good. However this training manual is for those that desire more from their training. Those that want to be challenged physically but more importantly mentally. For those that want to leave the gym everyday and say I learned something. No more going to the gym with the same routine, four rounds rope, four rounds shadow, four rounds pads, four rounds bag, push ups, and sit ups . Instead every day work on something. It’s like a video game. Your player has attributes, things they are good or not so good at. AMSB philosophy is, when you are not specifically preparing for a fight, build the attributes your not so good at. I can’t game plan for someone with A Million Styles Boxing.

Comment

can you give an example of a training routine you would recommend to a beginner-intermediate level boxer? A routine that works on skills, not the weight training part. Now i know you're supposed to work on your weaknesses and thats why the training is different for everyone but there's probably a routine that helps you work on your all around skills when you are not at the top level yet

thanks
      Last edited by OldMoney91; 10-24-2011, 11:18 AM.

Comment

umm

yea...

i dont think ur gonna bea able to learn to fight from a dvd or youtube vid

maybe for fitness or whatev but not serious skills for competition

and i didnt read the whole thing so forgive eme if i interpreted wrong

Comment

Originally posted by BarryRobinson View Post
          In boxing and other combat sports, we often here the phrase “Styles Make Fights”. I have had different coaches. They all taught different styles. That excites me. In most boxing manuals we are taught one way to train the sport. In reality there has been hundreds of World Champions and all of them fought different. That thought got me thinking about Martial Arts like Karate, Jiu Jitsu, or the other Martial Arts that use different color belts as recognition of mastery relative to that particular art. You never here of the people that participate in those arts say “once I get my purple belt, that’s all I need”. They continue and try to Master all the forms and techniques in their art. I wondered why in boxing do we still hear, “He’s an outside fighter” or “He’s an inside fighter”. I think it’s because we stopped striving for mastery of our sport, boxing.

A Million Styles Boxing is not an over night process. It requires attention to detail, great film study habits, an open mind, and love. Drills are what makes A Million Styles Boxing possible. Drills; Systematic training by multiple repetitions. “Practice makes perfect”. Every coach knows how he would like to build his fighter. Sometime the missing teaching tool is not knowledge of the sport but the “Method of Teaching”. For example I can instruct my fighter to move around the ring as a training technique or I can give him a specific footwork drill like moving forwards and backwards for an entire 3 minutes without mistakes. I believe in the training benefits of drills like these no matter how boring they may become and if the fighter makes mistakes I give them push ups at the end of the round. Often times the fighter will start correcting himself; a) wanting to get better b) those push ups get heavy.

If an aspiring athlete or even a great pro athlete can master all the drills he or she now has a great foundation to add too. Sure I could rush you along and you might even be good. However this training manual is for those that desire more from their training. Those that want to be challenged physically but more importantly mentally. For those that want to leave the gym everyday and say I learned something. No more going to the gym with the same routine, four rounds rope, four rounds shadow, four rounds pads, four rounds bag, push ups, and sit ups . Instead every day work on something. It’s like a video game. Your player has attributes, things they are good or not so good at. AMSB philosophy is, when you are not specifically preparing for a fight, build the attributes your not so good at. I can’t game plan for someone with A Million Styles Boxing.
          no its cause aftyer years of training and fighting experience he realized with his bodyype and athletic abilitys and mentality that one specific style will help him have thw best chance at winning and fighting his fight....

the only people who want to learn froma vid are wanna be badazzes that watch a few fights and acoupe of ur vids then think that they can fight

i call them "delusional"

then people who are tp shy to go to a gym or people who just want fitness

Comment

whats up barry?ive seen some of your stuff of youtube and i like it

keep up the good work,need a good drill for footwork,when i say that i mean when im sparring average pace my feet are fine when we go all out hard sparring getting ready for a fight i tend to leave my feet behind and bring them with my punches?

any advice or drills on how i can improve this

Comment

Hey,

Thanks for the kind words. I really appreciate you checking out my videos. If you have Facebook, join my page (A Million Styles Boxing Training Manual). I am going to be putting a bunch of new good stuff for you guys to follow. In the past I did not make instructionals however by next week I will start previewing my book on that page.

Thanks a lot,
              Barry

Comment

Hi,

Very soon I will start posting material like this on my Facebook Page(A Million Styles Boxing Training Manual )

I really hope you find use for them!

Thanks A lot,
                Barry

Comment

Do you know Scott Alexander?

Comment

Working...
                  X