No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Montiel Would Like To Get a Crack at Abner Mares

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Montiel Would Like To Get a Crack at Abner Mares

Former champion Fernando "Kochulito" Montiel (48-4-2, 37KOs) is focused on his next fight, scheduled for the 24th of November against Giovanni "Ruso" Caro in Ciudad Juarez, Chihuahua. But, Montiel admits that he would like to get his hands on WBC super bantamweight champion Abner Mares in 2013. In 2011, Montiel was stopped in two rounds by Mares' division rival Nonito Donaire. Montiel has gone 4-1 since then.

[Click Here To Read More]

Terrazaz appears first in line.....

Comment

that would be a good fight,but he does have his mandatory who will also make for a good fight too,nothing but tough fights for mares,if he gets by his mandatory I would like to see him in an easy fight,he deserves it

Comment

Victor Terrazaz/Abner Mares is next so he will have to wait

Comment

I would like that fight to happen.

Comment

he has 2 earn it & based on what he's done the past 2 yrs or so, he has not....

Comment

He still hasnt recovered from that knock out Nonito gave him lol

Comment

Originally posted by nycsmooth View Post
                he has 2 earn it & based on what he's done the past 2 yrs or so, he has not....
                Since he hasn't done much in two years(Montiel), let's say Mares fights him and beats him....would you give Mares credit? Curious.

Comment

no doubt montiel is a good fighter and a fight with mares excites me...but he has to earn his shot...mares is on top to face nonito and will lose...then montiel forgets mares on his list...

Comment

Make this happen!

Comment

Working...
                    X