No announcement yet.

Yuriorkis Gamboa: Cash cow in the making

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yuriorkis Gamboa: Cash cow in the making

Last Saturdays destruction of Juanma Lopez at the hands of Orlando Salido put an end to Top Ranks second efforts of making the mega fight Gamboa vs Lopez.

Sorry Bob, you let that fight marinate a little too long.

Because of this, Gamboa lost the opportunity of his biggest pay day at the 126lb featherweight division.

How would you react if the promotional company responsible for getting you the big bucks just cost you 7 figures? .... Move up two divisions, put your undefeated record on the line, and accept 1.1 million that needs to be split among a hand full of other people. (Ahmet Oner, Luis de Cuba, Tony Gonzalez Emmanuel Steward (the would be trainer for Gamboa vs Rios ). ??

I dont think so.

It was time for Gamboa to take matters into his own hands and eliminate some of the middle men with whom he splits a majority of his earnings.

If Gamboa is going to part ways with Top Rank, now is the perfect time, while he has the support of Floyd Mayweather and Golden Boy, and good lawyers.

His stock is rising and the perfect time.

Even HBO has decided that April 14th will not be televised without Gamboa.

Yuriorkis Gamboa is the next money making machine in boxing and Floyd Mayweather knows it. His talent is undeniable and his style will keep fans on the edge of their seats.

Excellent move by Gamboa. The best is yet to come.

nope.... could have, but now his gaffe is going to put a hold on his career.

Comment

Sure Mr. Sekou Gary, whatever you say

Comment

Why do people act like Gamboa was entitled to the Lopez fight

Ohhhh and no

Comment

Actually the best time to split with TR would have been before he signed an extension I would think, but what do I know, I'm no lawyer.

Comment

Originally posted by Ring Talk View Post
            ...Excellent move by Gamboa. The best is yet to come.
            I don't know about that. It doesn't look very good from where I'm standing. I hope my fears turn out to be wrong. Time will tell.

Comment

Shouldn't have signed extension, accepted advance, or asked for press conference in Miami and then walk away from all of it.

Comment

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I gotta side with TR on this. I hope they win and that Gamboa's career takes a nosedive because of it. Seriously. how the hell are you defending one of the biggest b1tch moves a fighter can make? He ain't no Floyd Mayweather Jr. and he damn sure ain't no Pacquiao to be pulling this kind of crap.

If he had raise concerns over the deal right after TR made the offer, no one would have had a problem if he decided to turn down the fight. But he accepted money up front, which basically told everyone the fight was a go. So him not obliging to the agreed terms and fulfilling his obligation to promote the fight puts him squarely in the wrong here.

Comment

Or will he go crawling back into the Top Rank kennel like Nonito?

Comment

Originally posted by nysoxfan84 View Post
                    If he had raise concerns over the deal right after TR made the offer, no one would have had a problem if he decided to turn down the fight. But he accepted money up front, which basically told everyone the fight was a go. So him not obliging to the agreed terms and fulfilling his obligation to promote the fight puts him squarely in the wrong here.
                    No doubt. It looked really, really bad. I didn't like it at all. But we don't know all the details. I'm hoping there was a good reason for the way things were handled. I doubt it was planned that way from the start. I have my fingers crossed....

Comment

Working...
                    X