Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Impact a Prime Muhammad Ali would have on boxing today.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it would even bigger than it had..

Boxing would look different.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
      you really think he would be as great if instead of the Foremans, Listons, Fraziers on his resume, it was Arreola, Tony Thompson, and Corey Sanders?

though Ali wouldn't have fought them when they were turning into fatty fortysomethings. He'd have faced them prime.

Its the Klitschkos who have introduced this habit of facing fairly decent fighters when they are over the hill, and fatboys in between.

Comment

lolnot as much as you'd think. It would just be one Heavyweight killing the division

Comment

Where was Muhammed Ali when Floyd Mayweather was dominating the sport of boxing at 21?

Hmm?

Comment

Originally posted by Garcia's Dad View Post
            Where was Muhammed Ali when Floyd Mayweather was dominating the sport of boxing at 21?

Hmm?

Comment

I could totally see him talking up a fight against the Klitschkos. "I know you got him picked! He's too smart, too big, too strong. But Klitschko can't hit what his eyes can't see!"

I believe he'd beat them too, and anyone else in the division today. He would be popular, but I say less popular today than the 60s, only because other sports like basketball and football are so much bigger today than in those times.

Comment

I'd say a moderate impact, yes Tyson didn't have a lot of prime big names, sorta like today... but tyson was a murder, and his persona was similar to floyd and ali in that they all played the villian. Tyson was big because he went in and took guys heads off... Ali was amazing, incredibly skilled heavyweight, but the era and his comp is what made him big. He'd be on par with what the Klits are atm tbh, in this era... nothing more nothing less.

Comment

We're not even sure he would've gotten past prime Tyson...

Comment

Originally posted by Garcia's Dad View Post

Hmm?
                    Brilliant.

Comment

Working...
                    X