Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sergio Martinez vs Russel Jordan (video)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sergio Martinez vs Russel Jordan (video)

I was thinking about this fight today after the Porter-Jordan fight happening yesterday. For those who have never seen it or want to see it again.

The jab is the key to beating Martinez. The thing with Martinez is, he uses movement and pot shots you until he starts havings problems with the jab Then when he has a tendency of trying to outwork with faster hands and bigger shots. He likes to stay in the pocket most of the time, but he'll move around from time to time to keep the other guy from getting his timing. Has a big tendency to trade shot for shot with the guy.

I think if Pavlik keeps jabbing throughout the fight, he'll win it. Martinez seems to have trouble with height and that jab like the first couple of mintues with the Jordan fight.

Comment

Originally posted by warp1432 View Post
      The jab is the key to beating Martinez. The thing with Martinez is, he uses movement and pot shots you until he starts havings problems with the jab Then when he has a tendency of trying to outwork with faster hands and bigger shots. He likes to stay in the pocket most of the time, but he'll move around from time to time to keep the other guy from getting his timing. Has a big tendency to trade shot for shot with the guy.

I think if Pavlik keeps jabbing throughout the fight, he'll win it. Martinez seems to have trouble with height and that jab like the first couple of mintues with the Jordan fight.
      But he adjusted, I feel like PWill gave him some serious problems the 1st round before Martinez knocked him down at the end to a point where Sergio looked like he wasn't going to be able to handle it but adjusted in the 2nd round.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
        But he adjusted, I feel like PWill gave him some serious problems the 1st round before Martinez knocked him down at the end to a point where Sergio looked like he wasn't going to be able to handle it but adjusted in the 2nd round.
        He adjusted, but Pavlik is a lot better of a fighter then Cintron. Williams and Martinez fought each other so well in that fight. If we're talking about adjustments, both fighters made a ****load throughout.

Comment

Pavlik is damaged goods..Martinez will expose him once more

Comment

He adjusted, but Pavlik is a lot better of a fighter then Cintron. Williams and Martinez fought each other so well in that fight. If we're talking about adjustments, both fighters made a ****load throughout.
            Hes a better fighter than Cintron in terms of reach and power only, Cintron is a lot more athletic, faster, better boxer and movement. I think Kelley will have a hard time landing on Martinez with full leverage because hes the kind of puncher than needs his feet to be planted. If Martinez makes Kelley reset the way Hopkins did, then he will be have huge problems. Not lets add to the equation that Martinez is a southpaw.

Comment

first couple minutes......

Then he adjusted and started to whoop as$.....

Pavlik probably will win, just because he is so much larger though. Martinez belongs at 154. I would love for Martinez to beat Pavlik though.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
                didn't even see this, I agree with this guy! lol

Comment

Someone needs to tell Jordan he would be a great sparring candidate to prepare the opponents of Paul Williams. Granted he is not as active, fast or powerful but he has a very similiar style and his physical attributes are perfect. Cintron's people should get a hold of this guy.

Comment

Very underrated win for Martinez. Russel Jordan is awarkard customer to handle and look good against.

But Sergio totally took him apart. Jordan recently give touted prospect Shawn Porter a run for his money and a fight Porter failed to impress in.

Comment

Working...
                    X