No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Froch's Promoter on Status of Andre Ward Rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Froch's Promoter on Status of Andre Ward Rematch

Eddie Hearn of Matchroom Sport, who promotes UK superstar Carl Froch, says the negotiations are ongoing for a rematch with WBA super middleweight champion Andre Ward.

The World Boxing Association ordered the two of them to face each other, but now the entire situation is unclear. Froch was the WBA's 'regular' champion when the title was ordered and Ward is the WBA's 'super' champion in the division.

But now it seems Felix Sturm is fighting for the WBA's "vacant" regular title on May 9th against Fedor Chudinov. And Ward is scheduled to return to the on June 20th in Oakland. Froch does not appears to be too keen on a rematch with Ward - unless it lands in Nottingham.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I thought the negotiations had ended?

WBA ruled that they had 30 days to negotiate from March 1 and then there would be pursebids.

Anyway my guess is that Froch will be elevated to Superchamp while Ward vacates and possibly pursue his chances at LHW.

Comment

When Froch fought Ward it was in Atlantic city, not his hometown of Oakland. I can't blame Ward for saying it's only fair the rematch take place in London and not Nottingham.

Comment

Originally posted by MBE View Post
        When Froch fought Ward it was in Atlantic city, not his hometown of Oakland. I can't blame Ward for saying it's only fair the rematch take place in London and not Nottingham.
        Yeah, but if it ends in a pursebid, the Winner of the bid decides the venue ie it's either Nottingham or Oakland.

Comment

I kinda agree with what Ward is saying but at the same time, he was the only participant of the super six that didnt traveled and fought 3 times at home. So **** it, go Froch !

Froch vs Ward , JCC jr vs GGG winners and losers face each other

Comment

Yeah, but if it ends in a pursebid, the Winner of the bid decides the venue ie it's either Nottingham or Oakland.
            I doubt Ward agrees to fight in Nottingham. I wonder if Froch's desire for redemption will outweigh his desire to have home field advantage.....

Comment

Originally posted by firstborn View Post
              I doubt Ward agrees to fight in Nottingham. I wonder if Froch's desire for redemption will outweigh his desire to have home field advantage.....
              I dont think the fight happens at all. The parties are just looking for a way way with a minimum loss of face.

Froch in Oakland would be fun though.

Comment

I dont think the fight happens at all. The parties are just looking for a way way with a minimum loss of face.
                That would be a shame if true. I'd be interested to see what adjustments Froch would make (Groves rematch) and I'd like to see what Ward could do with two good hands and a healthy shoulder.

Comment

Originally posted by firstborn View Post
                  That would be a shame if true. I'd be interested to see what adjustments Froch would make (Groves rematch) and I'd like to see what Ward could do with two good hands and a healthy shoulder.
                  Ward beat Froch anywhere. Only issue would be how he deals with fighting in another country with a hostile crowd.

Comment

RocNation should team up with someone like Frank Warren, win the purse bid and stage the fight in London.

Comment

Working...
                    X