Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Review of Bernard Hopkins PPV History

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You gotta think, if Hopkins looks like schit against Shumenov, which is very possible of Hopkins, where's all this money gonna come from that Adonis is banking on?

For sure, no one would want to see Hop - Stevenson but instead politely ask B Hop to retire for the 400th time.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
      If promoted right, Stevenson - Kovalev can get at least 200k PPV by themselves if not more.

No reason for Stevenson to run over to Showtime like Hopkins is the Million Dollar Man Ted Dibiasse
      that is true, i dont think hopkins will get stevenson much more money than kovalev does especially since hbo was pretty high on stevenson

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
        Bernard Hopkins is the biggest American draw outside Mayweather?

Broner-Maidana would've done better than 40k had the undercard not folded. Schit, Keith Thurman-Mathysse would do better than 40k.
        There's zero evidence of Broner being a bigger PPV draw than Hopkins. Your imaginary buys don't count. And after his hype deflation loss, whatever supposed imaginary PPV potential he had is no longer there.

And again, why the hell do you keep on talking about PPV numbers? Who's claiming Hopkins is some type of mega PPV star? Nobody as far as I can tell. Showtime and HBO only care about ratings as far as Hopkins is concern. What's in dispute is you ridiculous claiming that Hopkins is not a draw in general. Ratings and gate numbers dispute that.

Hopkins didn't sell out the Canadian arena, Jean Pascal did.
        Pascal vs Diacanu 2: 8,802 attendance,
        Pascal vs Dawson: 8,122 attendance
        Pascal vs Hopkins 1: 16,500 attendance
        Pascal vs Hopkins 2: 17,750 attendance
        Pascal vs Kuziemski: 6000 attendance

Yup, that huge increase in numbers had absolutely nothing to do with Hopkins. Just a coincidence that the numbers doubled and broke an attendance record when Pascal fought Hopkins. I'm sure that won't matter at all when Stevenson fights Hopkins for the same championship in the exact same location.

Hopkins can't even sell out a local boxing club.
        Hopkins-Dawson II: 7,705 attendance ($802,160 gate)
        Hopkins-Cloud: 12k attendance ($611,974 gate)
        Hopkins- Muray: 8k attendance

And this is Hopkins selling by himself without a b-sides anyone cares about.
        Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 03-27-2014, 01:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
          There's zero evidence of Broner being a bigger PPV draw than Hopkins. Your imaginary buys don't count. And after his hype deflation loss, whatever supposed imaginary PPV potential he had is no longer there.

And again, why the hell do you keep on talking about PPV numbers? Who's claiming Hopkins is some type of mega PPV star? Nobody as far as I can tell. Showtime and HBO only care about ratings as far as Hopkins is concern. What's in dispute is you ridiculous claiming that Hopkins is not a draw in general. Ratings and gate numbers dispute that.

Yup, that huge increase in numbers had absolutely nothing to do with Hopkins. Just a coincidence that the numbers doubled and broke an attendance record when Pascal fought Hopkins. I'm sure that won't matter at all when Stevenson fights Hopkins for the same championship in exact same location.

Damn,, great post..

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post

Yup, that huge increase in numbers had absolutely nothing to do with Hopkins. Just a coincidence that the numbers doubled and broke an attendance record when Pascal fought Hopkins. I'm sure that won't matter at all when Stevenson fights Hopkins for the same championship in the exact same location.

1. Sources? Other wise ur numbers mean zip

2. Everyone is acting like Hopkins is some star, which he isn't. I brought up ppv because thats how stevenson talks about his fight with Hop, like it will be on ppv or somethin.

3. Since ur so knowledgeable about what another fighter makes, tell me the potential differece in dollar amount. For instance, will adonis make 20k, 50k, 3k, more by fighting hopkins as oppose to kovalev or what. Since u know the fighter payouts so much, tell me specifically how much more adonis is getting with hopkins than kovalev.

4. I dont care if broner nevet fought on ppv or not, if u think broner-Maidana wouldnt have done more than 40k ppv buys, u dont need to be posting here. Period

Comment

I thought Bhop vs Dawson sold 50k, still a bad number regardless.

Comment

Working...
              X