Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you could change, remove or add a rule in boxing what would it be.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd like to see way more emphasis put on 'clean effective' punching in scoring criteria. Obviously its already there but Imo it should be the most important factor in scoring a round. 10 pitty pats should not be equal to 2-3 hard well placed shots.

Am i right in thinking they used to score the effect of a punch back in the day? Something like that would be good.

Comment

If BOTH arms aren't around/hooked on your opponent, you must separate yourselves from the clinch either cleanly or rough.

Comment

make it legally allowed to have some weed in your blood. im not saying let guys fight stoned. but it doesnt give you any advantages in the ring, so it shouldnt matter if you got it in your system or not.

Comment

Originally posted by cameronpaul View Post
          make it legally allowed to have some weed in your blood. im not saying let guys fight stoned. but it doesnt give you any advantages in the ring, so it shouldnt matter if you got it in your system or not.
          Julio? What's going on with the weight gain hombre?

Comment

The no clinching thing would ruin a lot of back and forth fights. would we get a corales Castillo if those rules applied?.. Its more about the match making

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Not so much a rule, but I would encourage judges to score 10-10 rounds. I think that would stop a lot of, what people view as, robberies when there are many close rounds, but one fighter is clearly dominant in all of the others.

Comment

I wouldn't mind seeing 15 rounders again.

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
                  Not so much a rule, but I would encourage judges to score 10-10 rounds. I think that would stop a lot of, what people view as, robberies when there are many close rounds, but one fighter is clearly dominant in all of the others.
                  Spot on. Scoring needs to be reevaluated. For instance, I scored round 6 of the Love/Rosado bout a 10-9. Love was outboxing him the entire round, and in the last 10 seconds, Love gets knocked down. I couldn't score that a 10-8 for Gabe.

Comment

Go back to weighing in the day of the fight instead of the day before the fight. If I could add one more rule change it would be for the referees to quit taking so long to decide if a fighter is too hurt to continue the fight or not. A fighter could be badly hurt and ready to go but by the time the ref does two or three checks on him to see if he can continue the fighter recovers and is no longer in danger. The ref should make a fast decision on whether to stop the fight or not. If he takes a long time to decide he often robs the other fighter of a sure ko. A decent referee should be able to tell if a fighter is hurt to bably to continue in a few seconds.

Comment

I would go with the clinching rule u brought up. No more then 3x per round.

Comment

Working...
                      X