Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the best British fighter right now?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
    No I don't know that and neither do you because boxing matches happen in the ring, not on paper. Haye is relying on people like you saying he probably beats other contenders whereas boxing is relying on people like Froch actually doing it.

[I]Most of the guys who "dominate divisions" are those who (a) cherrypick their way through them, or (b) fight in a weak division.[I]

If they take on the best back-to-back, home and away, then they'll take some Ls on the way just like the champions in any other sport.
    Lol, so most of the guys who dominate a division are less accomplished than Froch? Guys like Andre Ward, Sergio Martinez, Nonito Donaire, Wladimir etc you think dominating a division is a joke don't you? Why dominate a division when you can be a regular contender that loses to Top 5 opposition? Don't try to belittle Haye's accomplishment either just because you hate his guts. Froch hasn't proved anything to me aside from being a good contender. YDNSAB, enough said.

Comment

Originally posted by BafanaBafana View Post
      Did I mention Enzo as one of Haye's best opponents? NO, try again.
      No but you put Froch down for never dominating a division. I pointed out that 50% of Haye's cruiser domination was vs a guy that makes Glassman Bute look like Chuvalo

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
        No but you put Froch down for never dominating a division. I pointed out that 50% of Haye's cruiser domination was vs a guy that makes Glassman Bute look like Chuvalo
        I put him down not just for not dominating 168 but for losing to the best opposition in his weight class and because of his way overrated performances, all this ridiculous hype didn't start until he beat Bute. The guy lost to a one-armed Andre Ward by a near shutout, lost to Kessler, lost to Dirrell but got a gift hometown decision. As far as his wins he beat two 160 pounders moving up in weight: Taylor (who was easily out-boxing him for the vast majority of the fight) and the wide punching Arthur Abraham. He's 35-36, and in all that time he was never able to dominate or become recognized as the top ranked guy at 168.

As far as Haye's opposition at cruiserweight, he beat Mormeck who was the man in the division at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by BafanaBafana View Post
          I put him down not just for not dominating 168 but for losing to the best opposition in his weight class and because of his way overrated performances, all this ridiculous hype didn't start until he beat Bute. The guy lost to a one-armed Andre Ward by a near shutout, lost to Kessler, lost to Dirrell but got a gift hometown decision. As far as his wins he beat two 160 pounders moving up in weight: Taylor (who was easily out-boxing him for the vast majority of the fight) and the wide punching Arthur Abraham. He's 35-36, and in all that time he was never able to dominate or become recognized as the top ranked guy at 168.

As far as Haye's opposition at cruiserweight, he beat Mormeck who was the man in the division at the time.
          It's much better to sit out or fight low risk opponents, no chance of looking bad.

Yes, I remember Mormeck got to be the man by running out the clock in the Bell rematch. He made it out on his feet that time, with a little help from the hometown timekeeper. The guy gets a ton of mileage for a title reign with only Mormeck and Enzo in it. Froch was never undisputed at 168, regardless his run is far better than Haye's at cruiser.

Comment

Such a contrast from several years ago, with the "Who's Carl Frock", guys earned his respect.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
              It's much better to sit out or fight low risk opponents, no chance of looking bad.

Yes, I remember Mormeck got to be the man by running out the clock in the Bell rematch. He made it out on his feet that time, with a little help from the hometown timekeeper. The guy gets a ton of mileage for a title reign with only Mormeck and Enzo in it. Froch was never undisputed at 168, regardless his run is far better than Haye's at cruiser.
              Haye's run at cruiser was short but he was still the lineal champion and you still have to count his achievement at heavyweight where he has wins over Valuev, Ruiz and Chisora. He also gave the current version of Wladimir his toughest most competitive match in years, I feel that if they were to fight again the fight would be much closer.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
                Billy joe Saunders

I can see where people say Haye, he's skilled but unfortunately he's too small for heavyweight
                Haye was very impressive at cruiserweight, I was a big fan of him there, exciting fighter.

Comment

Looks like Froch vs. Kessler II will happen in early 2013.

It's a very important fight for Froch's legacy.

Comment

Working...
                  X