Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HBO Snubs Taylor-Froch for WBC 168 LB title!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HBO Snubs Taylor-Froch for WBC 168 LB title!

Sources close to former undisputed middleweight champion Jermain "Bad Intentions" Taylor provided B oxingtalk.com with some surprising news earlier today. It turns out that HBO will not approve Jermain Taylor's title challenge against undefeated super middleweight champ Carl Froch. Our sources inform us that HBO's list of Taylor opponents is so short (Winky Wright or Mikkel Kessler) that Taylor's braintrust could be inclined to shop Taylor to Showtime.

Source: B-Talk.

HBO will be pretty pissed if Taylor comes out like a monster and then says you know what? Screw you guys, I'm staying with Showtime.

The ****?

Taylor vs Froch would be a great little fight. I'd probably prefer the Kessler fight over it though, but not the Winky one.

Comment

HBO has no-sense at all...**** THEM, let Showtime have it.

Comment

If this is true, HBO and their lack of interest in doing what's good for the sport can go screw themselves.

I can't believe they'd promote joke fights like Oscar-Pacquiao and calslappy-Jones, and not get behind a trans-atlantic championship fight between two young, prime fighters. One with an established name and the other a potential future star.

Taylor can take himself to Showtime. This is f-ing ridiculous.

Winky? WINKY? They'd rather air a rematch with Winky, who hasn't set foot inside a ring since mid-2007? Winky who left the ring without an interview after the draw with Taylor, and then refused an immediate rematch when Taylor offered it to him?

Comment

HBO backing was the only shot Taylor/Dibella had at getting this fight to happen in the U.S.

If HBO doesn't want any part of it, my guess is it would have to happen in the UK on ITV or Setanta with Showtime picking it up in the U.S.

For that reason alone, and Taylor's seeming unwillingness to travel, if HBO doesn't want this fight I don't see Taylor taking it at all.

Sad if they allow themselves to be pushed toward a Kessler fight. That will be a great matchup but IMO taking it now doesn't allow Taylor proper development at 168. Fighting (and beating) Bute or Froch first would be in his best interest, but Dibella has a habit of prioritizing money over what's good for his fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by NeXt In Line View Post
            Sources close to former undisputed middleweight champion Jermain "Bad Intentions" Taylor provided B oxingtalk.com with some surprising news earlier today. It turns out that HBO will not approve Jermain Taylor's title challenge against undefeated super middleweight champ Carl Froch. Our sources inform us that HBO's list of Taylor opponents is so short (Winky Wright or Mikkel Kessler) that Taylor's braintrust could be inclined to shop Taylor to Showtime.

HBO will be pretty pissed if Taylor comes out like a monster and then says you know what? Screw you guys, I'm staying with Showtime.
            another reason why tv channels should not be dictating what goes on in the boxing world. I hope Taylor goes to showtime permanently and has a great career.

Comment

Originally posted by NeXt In Line View Post

They won't approve this fight but they approve Klitschko vs. Rahman.

Comment

This is what I have been saying about HBO. they are a bunch of idiots. they did the same thing to Pavlik when he wanted to fight P williams. I hate how HBO tries to control boxing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Froch's already fought on Showtime. Taylor-Froch would be a go there...

Comment

Stupid move from HBO if true, Froch-Taylor would be a good fight, one that would be good for boxing as well.

Comment

Working...
                    X