Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FAO anti conspiracist: what do you think of GANG STARR's song 'CONSPIRACY'?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
    Sounds like the musings of any other disenfranchised and vacuous moron attempting to feign intelligence by spouting inane counterculture garbage in order to cast himself in the role of a rogue scholar.

Only this time he rhymed it and put it to a beat.
    "You can`t tell me life was meant to be like this
    a black man in a world dominated by whiteness
    Ever since the declaration of independence
    we`ve been easily brainwashed by just one sentence
    It goes: all men are created equal
    that`s why corrupt governments kill innocent people
    (True)
    With chemical warfare they created crack and AIDS (True)
    got the public thinking these were things that black folks made
    And every time there`s violence shown in the media
    usually it`s a black thing so where are they leading ya
    To a world full of ignorance, hatred, and prejudice
    TV and the news for years they have fed you this
    foolish notion that blacks are all criminals
    (was true)
    violent, low lifes, and then even animals
    I`m telling the truth so some suckers are fearing me
    but I must do my part to combat the conspiracy

The S.A.T. is not geared for the lower class
    so why waste time even trying to pass
    (True)
    The educational system presumes you to fail
    the next place is the corner then after that jail
    (True for the poverty stricken)
    You`ve got to understand that this has all been conspired
    to put a strain on our brains so that the strong grow tired
    It even exists when you go to your church
    cuz up on the wall a white Jesus lurks
    They use your subconscious to control your will
    they`ve done it for a while and developed the skill
    to make you want to kill your own brother man
    black against black you see it`s part of their plan
    They want to send us to war and they want to ban rap(was true)
    what they really want to do is get rid of us blacks
    Genocide is for real and I hope that you`re hearing me
    you must be aware to combat the conspiracy

Even in this rap game all that glitters ain`t gold
    now that rap is big business the snakes got bold
    They give you wack contracts and try to make you go pop
    cuz they have no regard for real hip-hop
    (still true)
    They`ll compare you to others and say: "but yo, he sells"
    and you know in your heart that he`s weak as hell
    So you say: "I ain`t doing that corny stuff"
    but they tell ya that your chart positions will go up
    Sometimes they front big time and make you many promises
    and when they break `em then your mama says
    "Son you`re making records but that guy seems shady"
    it could be too late and your career could be played gee
    I hope you listen to the things that I`m sharing see
    we all have a job to combat the conspiracy"
    Lyrics to Gang Starr - Conspiracy

So what part of it is inane garbage?

Comment

Originally posted by Cupocity303 View Post
      Guys like Gang star are probably the smartest cookie on their block, when they're hangin' with their homies'.

But this is what happens to guys like that when they step outside of their realm and bit off more than they can chew:

Mos Def looked like a naive kid amongst Men. And he is supposedly one of those "intellectual", 'real world issue rappers'
      Mos Def's voice is annoying as hell, but it seems like he held his own. He even got the audience to agree with a couple of his points. So how is it that he looked naive?

Comment

Originally posted by Cupocity303 View Post
        Guys like Gang star are probably the smartest cookie on their block, when they're hangin' with their homies'.

But this is what happens to guys like that when they step outside of their realm and bit off more than they can chew:

Mos Def looked like a naive kid amongst Men. And he is supposedly one of those "intellectual", 'real world issue rappers'
        I remember watching this episode live on HBO on a Friday night, and while I was excited to see Hitchens "Hitch slap" yet another dullard, I genuinely felt bad for Mos Def.

Dude has obviously been fooled into believing that he's some kind of intellectual based on the fact that he's more articulate and thoughtful than your average rapper, but he was painfully out of his depth here.

It goes: all men are created equal
        that`s why corrupt governments kill innocent people (True)
        And?

they created crack and AIDS (True)[/B]
        And who exactly are "they"? Because I'm assuming it's either the government or white people, right? While it is true that a white man (Albert Niemann) was the first to create (synthesized) cocaine, it was done in the 1850s, and the goal of the experiment certainly wasn't to create a tool to oppress or kill blacks, as the shoddy poet 'Gang Starr' seem to imply with the overall theme of his song that, y'know, white people (or the EVIL government) only exist to oppress minorities.

Also, @ the notion that they (again, white people, or the government?) "invented AIDS". Any credibility this guy may have had to begin with is now defunct thanks to his conjuring of one of the most inane conspiracy theories ever put to pen on a track that is, supposedly, about the truth.

TV and the news for years they have fed you this
        foolish notion that blacks are all criminals (was true)
        If that was the intended goal of the news media and television broadcasters, then they've failed miserably.

Next.

The S.A.T. is not geared for the lower class
        so why waste time even trying to pass (True)
        While it is true that students of lower income families tend to struggle more with academics than students of higher income families, his message is ****ing ******ed. Essentially, he's telling his own people (poor minorities) to give up on attempting to better themselves via education.

Seems to me that he is the one perpetuating the suffering of his own people now.

The educational system presumes you to fail
        the next place is the corner then after that jail (True for the poverty stricken)
        Not true at all, actually.

I myself (as well as many others who are far better off than I am, including Jay-Z, Oprah Winfrey, David Geffen, J.K. Rowling, Celine Dion, Stephen King, Jim Carrey, Tom Cruise, Sean Combs, and a few hundred other famous actors, musicians, athletes, authors, and executives) was born into a poor family and never once had to turn to criminal activity to support myself.

Why? Because I got a real job and actually applied myself.

Again, Gang Starr is perpetuating the suffering of the people he's supposedly become an icon to by reinforcing the notion that they've been "born to lose", which they end up believing, and which leads to the cycle repeating itself.

This guy is not only ******ed, but his message is dangerous, as well.

black against black
        Yes, because we all know that it's been historically proven that only black people fight amongst themselves....

they want to ban rap(was true)
        'They' also wanted to ban rock music, violent video games, firearms, sex on TV, soft drinks, alcohol, and ****ing football.

That proves nothing. It's just a statement of fact.

They give you wack contracts and try to make you go pop
        cuz they have no regard for real hip-hop(still true)
        He just sounds bitter here. Obviously, this dude never made it to the big time, and he sounds as if he's lashing out at the industry now because of it. Rap has always been pop.

Anything else?

Comment

One of the best story tellers,

Comment

And who exactly are "they"?
            Before I begin, I don't believe the government is full of white people... I do believe it is corrupted by money though.

While it is true that a white man (Albert Niemann) was the first to create (synthesized) cocaine, it was done in the 1850s, and the goal of the experiment certainly wasn't to create a tool to oppress or kill blacks, as the shoddy poet 'Gang Starr' seem to imply with the overall theme of his song that, y'know, white people (or the EVIL government) only exist to oppress minorities.
            No, but it is well documented the Reagan Administration put crack in South Central and used the funds to fund the Contras...

Also, @ the notion that they (again, white people, or the government?) "invented AIDS"

I didn't highlight aids. Yes, I admit a lot of what hes says is bs, but that doesn't take away from any of the truths in his lyrics.

If that was the intended goal of the news media and television broadcasters, then they've failed miserably.
            Really, where you around in the 90s?

I myself (as well as many others who are far better off than I am, including Jay-Z, Oprah Winfrey, David Geffen, J.K. Rowling, Celine Dion, Stephen King, Jim Carrey, Tom Cruise, Sean Combs, and a few hundred other famous actors, musicians, athletes, authors, and executives) was born into a poor family and never once had to turn to criminal activity to support myself.
            Jay-Z sold dope. He even said himself, he was still spending dope money, when "Big Pimping" was released.

Why? Because I got a real job and actually applied myself.
            That's all fine and dandy, but for every person who makes it out of poverty, there's still hundreds left living in poverty.

Again, Gang Starr is perpetuating the suffering of the people he's supposedly become an icon to by reinforcing the notion that they've been "born to lose", which they end up believing, and which leads to the cycle repeating itself.
            Are you telling me a minority, with little or no education, who is limited on resources, phonetically inept, and is located in an area where jobs are scarce isn't born to lose? What are they all suppose to be rappers or something?

Comment

Originally posted by Gera View Post
              Before I begin, I don't believe the government is full of white people... I do believe it is corrupted by money though.
              Noted.

No, but it is well documented the Reagan Administration put crack in South Central and used the funds to fund the Contras...
              I'm well acquainted with the Iran/Contra scandal. However, I fail to see how that has anything to do with the overall theme of the song, as it's not a conspiracy at all.

I didn't highlight aids. Yes, I admit a lot of what hes says is bs, but that doesn't take away from any of the truths in his lyrics.
              I realize that you didn't highlight AIDS, but it was literally said within the same breath. The same breath that you're highlighting as being a beacon for truth.

Yes, I was, and I stand by my statement. If the goal of the media and news agencies in the 90s was to demonize blacks and keep them from attaining what the rest of us have then they've failed miserably. There's a black dude in the White House, y'know.

Jay-Z sold dope. He even said himself, he was still spending dope money, when "Big Pimping" was released.

That's all fine and dandy, but for every person who makes it out of poverty, there's still hundreds left living in poverty.

Are you telling me a minority, with little or no education, who is limited on resources, phonetically inept, and is located in an area where jobs are scarce isn't born to lose? What are they all suppose to be rappers or something?
              1.) What does Jay Z having to sell dope have to do with a conspiracy? Jay was only one of, literally, hundreds of examples of people born into poverty who made a better life for themselves, and that's only counting celebrities. For every celebrity you hear about making it out of poverty there are normal, everyday citizens who do the same that you never hear about because they're not in a position of fame.

2.) So the government is to blame for people being poor?

3.) No, you weren't "born to lose", you just adopted that attitude thanks to listening to garbage like Gang Starr. You could easily put yourself into a better position by going back to school, enrolling in night classes, or going to an adult education center (all of which the federal government would help you with), but evidently you've chosen not to because you've already convinced yourself that you're a failure.

That's what we call a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Comment

You asked Bringer "which part of it is inane garbage? "

I was and the 90's were the era that turned made black music and culture extremely popular. And it wasnt all negative stereotypes at all. That was the era were black became far more acceptable, and cultures merged. It was actually a great decade that took big steps forward in multiculturalism.

Comment

3.) No, you weren't "born to lose", you just adopted that attitude thanks to listening to garbage like Gang Starr.You could easily put yourself into a better position by going back to school, enrolling in night classes, or going to an adult education center (all of which the federal government would help you with), but evidently you've chosen not to because you've already convinced yourself that you're a failure.
                  I think it goes deeper than that. If you're a C-average student, for whatever reason (laziness, mentally challenged, slow) and all the schools in your area are rated below average, how far are you going to get on that education?

Comment

I think it goes deeper than that. If you're a C-average student, for whatever reason (laziness, mentally challenged, slow) and all the schools in your area are rated below average, how far are you going to get on that education?
                    Defeatist.

Comment

Not everybody has the same oppurtunities as others. Some ghetto kids have to work to help their family survive and don't have the luxury to go to college to get a degree to become better off.

Of course some of gurus lyrics aren't 100% factual but name one rap song were everything said wasn't exaggerated or entrirely factual?

Funny how people can call guru a dumb conspriacists yet call nas an ATG when they rap about the same damn thing

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Working...
                      X