Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Canelo going to duck his chance at a title?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Canelo going to duck his chance at a title?

He said he wants to remain at 154 so why doesn't he grab a title to still prove himself a top dog there?

He's the #1 contender to the WBO strap, and Andrade has no problem fighting mandatories. Brian Rose was the #1 in the rankings in May while Canelo was #2.

Canelo is the #1 contender as of June 2014. I understand there may be more lucrative fights out there but doesn't he want to stay at 154? He said he had it a 155 catchweight because Lara's 'regular' title was just a paper title. The WBO is a legit strap. He isn't ranked by the IBF so no leverage there besides his popularity.

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
    He said he wants to remain at 154 so why doesn't he grab a title to still prove himself a top dog there?

He's the #1 contender to the WBO strap, and Andrade has no problem fighting mandatories. Brian Rose was the #1 in the rankings in May while Canelo was #2.

Canelo is the #1 contender as of June 2014. I understand there may be more lucrative fights out there but doesn't he want to stay at 154? He said he had it a 155 catchweight because Lara's 'regular' title was just a paper title. The WBO is a legit strap. He isn't ranked by the IBF so no leverage there besides his popularity.
    He's fighting cotto next, deal with it

Comment

That is funny. I guess he and gbp thinks he's on the Floyd PAC level where he doesn't need a title. He scraped by Lara. I think it'll be a while before he faces another pure boxer. Unless it's floyd

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
        That is funny. I guess he and gbp thinks he's on the Floyd PAC level where he doesn't need a title. He scraped by Lara. I think it'll be a while before he faces another pure boxer. Unless it's floyd
        He is on pacs and floyds level doe..... "look at the numbers" like flowmo's like to say

Comment

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post

Titles don't prove your worth. Saying he's ducking Andrade simply because he has a belt is ridiculous. Lara's belt was more legit than Andrade's considering he beat better opposition.

I wouldn't mind seeing him fight Andrade but let's not start another "ducking" attack for a fighter who's relatively unproven.

Comment

Originally posted by Bardock View Post
            He is on pacs and floyds level doe..... "look at the numbers" like flowmo's like to say
            They haven't released the PPV numbers yet, I don't think so.

And if Canelo fights Cotto and its not for the WBC title or at MW I'll be laughing my ass off. And if it is for the titles I'll be happy because then if he doesn't fight Golovkin I'll have no respect for him (since he demolishes Cotto).

Comment

Originally posted by Bardock View Post
              This simply doesn't hold true. Floyd made him look like a windmilling schoolboy.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinamita 03 View Post
                Titles don't prove your worth. Saying he's ducking Andrade simply because he has a belt is ridiculous. Lara's belt was more legit than Andrade's considering he beat better opposition.

I wouldn't mind seeing him fight Andrade but let's not start another "ducking" attack for a fighter who's relatively unproven.
                I didn't say he's ducking Andrade I said he's ducking a shot at a title.

Comment

That title doesn't mean anything yet. Andrade needs to beat Lara or Molina. Personally I don't think he beats either.

At 154, you have Canelo, Lara and Molina. The rest need to beat one of these 3.

Comment

Why the **** does it matter who Andrade fought?

Canelo fought for the 'regular' WBA title already and he won his WBC title which was vacant beating MATTHEW HATTON.

Comment

Working...
                    X