Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Machida VS Weidman, does Weidman stand a chance?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weidman narrowly escaped an intense beating from Vitor!! Belfort was going to destroy him.

Comment

I think only if Mousasi won that fight he wouldve been stepping in. Dammit

I think Machida takes this one.

Comment

I do too, I like his technique. If Weidman wins though, I won't feel too bad, as he's local.

Comment

Of course he has a chance but I honestly think that this is a terrible matchup for him. Machida will most likely take the W.

Comment

Weidman's still underrated in general, I think people must just figure he had Silva's number or Silva was old. Weidman is going to dominate Machida

Comment

I'm picking Wiedman to win easy, I just feel Wiedman is so smart and always under control that he'll be on top of the middleweight division for a while. I always liked Machida but he's going to take a beating from Wiedman.

Comment

My prediction is that Machida is going to pick Weidman apart from he outside and tag him clean with a head kick when he gets frustrated and rushes for the take down.

Comment

Weidman's definitely got a shot with his power and wrestling, but I'm pulling for Machida.

Comment

Originally posted by BUNGALOWS View Post
                    Weidman's not lengthy? He has a 1 inch or 1/2 inch reach advantage over Silva. The guy that used to have the longest reach at MW.

And Weidman landed a very good body kick on Silva in the 2nd fight.

Also, Weidman adjusted incredibly well for leg kicks in the 2nd Silva fight. What makes you think if he needed to implement a strategy for a certain fight, that he couldn't do it?

You underrate how well coached he is.
                    His coaches are clowns. Who the hell acts like they won the damn lottery after winning because opponent shattered his knee on a kick? Weidman has talent but he's really overrated hardcore. Like I said when he was suppose to fight Belfort, when he can actually retain without a freak injury I'll give him credit.

Machida will brutalize him though. Machida's footwork is so much better then Silva's. Silva's just a better all around striker, but Machida's defense is second to none. Time to get exposed.

Comment

Machida goes to sleep again, Weidman is a monster.

Comment

Working...
                      X