Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the most avoided fighter in boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
    Max Kellerman used to say "Paul Williams is the most avoided fighter" but I think that was just because he loves Paul.

Who is really the most avoided fighter? Dmitry Pirog? Amir Khan?
    There is no such thing as most avoided... it is all perception... I mean I don't care who you want to call avoided all of these guys fight and get their matches... probably not the ones who they want... but everybody got their matches - as Paul Williams was so avoided he still got matches and had enough ppl who wanted to fight him and and and... doesn't matter who you name... Pirog and Khan also have enough ppl who would love to fight them...

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
      He's not.

Golovkin has tried to make fights with N'Jikam and Sturm - in fact, he's Sturm's mandatory and N'Jikam is his mandatory.

But Golovkin has never tried to make a fight with Pirog, as far as I know. He likely wants to get the WBA mess clarified first.
      Why doesn't Pirog try to make a fight with Golovkin? I see no reason why it couldn't be made. Why is he calling the one guy he knows he's not going to get? There are other top 10 middleweights and he hasn't called out any one of them. At least Sergio has tried getting fights with at least 6 out of the other top 10 middleweights. While Pirog is trying to get a shortcut to the top without ever doing squat ****. One of these days I would love to see "Comments Thread For: Pirog Shreds Rubio and Gaele: "Fight me you *****"

Pirog needs to face reality and move on. Dibella already said Pirog will be more likely to get a shot at Martinez if he fights a top contender. Is that so much to ask? Pirog has no case to be in a position to be "ducked" by Martinez. He has yet to fight anyone worthwhile. And I don't give a **** that Martinez fought Barker. Beggars can't be choosers.
      Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 10-11-2011, 07:58 PM.

Comment

all of the guys you listed were Europeans in the mid to heavier weights

Comment

Golovkin DUCKED N'JIKAM!!!

Comment

You forgot Charlie Z- nobody wants to fight him.

Comment

I will bust out "the facts" if need be!

Comment

Mostly guys are avoided that you cant look great against! guys who are difficult to fight like glen johnson, vitali klitschko, sakio bika and others

Comment

Originally posted by uglypug View Post
                  Golovkin DUCKED N'JIKAM!!!
                  No, N'Jikam has been ducking Golovkin.

Comment

That "most avoided" bull**** is something promoters use to hype their fighters and dumb boxing fans eat that **** up.

Comment

Pirog the paper champ who only fights in Russia is being ducked

Comment

Working...
                      X