Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chris Eubank: "Ali the best P4P fighter ever!"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ali doesn't even crack the top 5. Fighters like SRR, Henry Armstrong, Willie Pep, Roberto Duran, Harry Greb, and Archie Moore will be ahead of him.

Comment

Eubank said it was subjective and didn't say that Ali's accomplishements were better, so Eubank is not wrong.
      Ray Robinson is the real P4P king because he won titles in several weights and fought top competition. Ali fought great competition too and was much bigger as a man than SRR, it's not even debatable. Ali is known by everybody and everywhere, just like Tyson.

Comment

Originally posted by street bully View Post
        How could Ali not deal with the jab?

Liston was known to have one of the best jabs in histroy and Ali nullified it and destroyed him

Terell had a GREAT jab and Ali dusted him with eaase.
        Ali couldn't get out of the way of Norton's jab, Larry Holmes' jab tagged him all night, these guys aren't really known for their jabs neither.

Comment

Originally posted by Chip Douglas View Post
          Ali couldn't get out of the way of Norton's jab, Larry Holmes' jab tagged him all night, these guys aren't really known for their jabs neither.
          Oh come on how anyone counts that Holmes fight is beyond me, not only was Ali shot then but he Parkinsons.

Larry Holmes not kow for his jab?

Wtf?

Comment

How could Ali not deal with the jab?

Liston was known to have one of the best jabs in histroy and Ali nullified it and destroyed him

Terell had a GREAT jab and Ali dusted him with eaase.

I agree and I'll add Foreman who had a powerful left jab. That was just another poster making comments about something he obviously knows nothing about.

Comment

Originally posted by Chip Douglas View Post
              Ali couldn't get out of the way of Norton's jab
              That was a stylistic problem more than anything else: Norton's style was poison to slick boxers; at the same time it was wide open for straight ahead punchers. Ali was also past prime for all three Norton fights and completely washed up for Holmes.

Poet

Comment

Oh come on how anyone counts that Holmes fight is beyond me, not only was Ali shot then but he Parkinsons.

Wtf?
                Larry Holmes "not known for his jab". I wonder how some people here can even claim that they follow boxing.

Comment

Ali fought and beat virtually every other top competition of the era's of which he competed.Most of you brainwashed fools know nothing about Ray Robinson's ducking of various opponents,Particularly many great black fighters but now that wouldn't fit the P4P king image would it? It's undeniable,Robinson fought and beat alot of great fighters but he also ducked many too

Comment

Wtf?
                    I was talking out terrell and liston sorry for the grammatical error

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
                      Larry holmes "not known for his jab". I wonder how some people here can even claim that they follow boxing.
                      I missed that at first Makes you wonder what planet people are on don't it?

Poet

Comment

Working...
                      X