Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think Pacquiao has lost his power?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
    Margo was CW to 150 , put in a 26 ft ring and they wore 8oz gloves for a 154 title , Margarito looked like garbage in his only fight in Mexico at 154 fighting a nobody coming of a 2 year banning after being KOed brutally , diuretics was also found in his dressing room .

Get it through your thick head that Margarito was made to order , that he being a sloth had no chance in a 26 ft ring , that the illegal 8oz gloves were all about busting him up , thats why Manny ran all night he was no way going to fight with him so they set it up so he could do as planned .

Understand boxing is not always what it appears to be .
    Marg fought almost all his fights at 147 now he was weight drained at 150 idiot. The fight was fought at 150 for Pac 8 weight division title. If the fight was fought at welterweight no catchweight you will never say Marq was weight drained. That is how idiot you are.
    Last edited by straightleft; 10-08-2014, 10:56 AM.

Comment

i think it has more to do with pac not committing to his punches as much as he used to (lack of killer instinct). plus he's been fighting guys with good chins.

margarito - tough as nails, hard to stop
      mosley - never legitimately stopped
      bradley - never stopped
      rios - never stopped
      marquez - never stopped

Comment

Originally posted by Lords View Post
        IMO his power has been overrated. He KO'd Hatton and the whole world went crazy over his power. Well, Manny hasn't KO'd anyone since Hatton and I doubt he will. Before that his last legit KO was in 07 against Solis when Solis couldn't beat the count. Manny beats people up with speed and combinations, he's no KO artist. Again, IMO.
        I agree with you 100%

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
          He was never a huge puncher at welterweight.

But what people also overlook, or forget, is the prevailing view five years ago that Pac was out of his depth at 140/147. Opponents expected to overpower him, but the Hatton and Cotto fights changed that.

No one walks into his shots nowadays like Hatton and Cotto did. He hasn't caught one opponent with the sort of shot he stopped Hatton with since.

So it's a combination of the two I think. He wasn't a monster puncher to begin with at 140/147, and opponents are a lot less reckless against him now.
          Also true.........
          Last edited by StefanTosic; 10-08-2014, 11:48 AM.

Comment

What power? he never had real power at 147 to begin with, that whole thing was started by the scaredy cat Floyd Mayweather clan.

Pacman was never a power puncher at 147, he was at 122 though. Listen to Pacman drop shotgun blast shots, you can hear them sounded like missiles landing.

This Pacman was a monster slugger awkward, fast, powerful relentless with accurate hard crisp straights

Comment

Nooo, he never had welterweight KO power to begin with.

Back in the days under 135 he was a great knockout puncher.... fighters don't just lose their power, in fact some say it's the last thing that goes.

Comment

Originally posted by lightsout15 View Post
                BIngo!! it's his accuracy that I've seen degrade the most. I think it has something to do with him not being as fast as he used to be. He doesn't really catch opponents by surprise the way he used too back in the day. It's a bit troubling that he couldn't even knock Bradley down even though timmy went full ****** in the rematch.
                I LOL'd at that!

Comment

Originally posted by Caught Square View Post
                  Nooo, he never had welterweight KO power to begin with.

Back in the days under 135 he was a great knockout puncher.... fighters don't just lose their power, in fact some say it's the last thing that goes.
                  Yes he did. He was able to knock Cotto into next week a few times and Cotto is a solid WW. Try again.

Comment

If Pac had no WW power, how did he knock Cotto down as easily as he did?

Comment

Yes. He lost some speed/acceleration hence lost power. People always forget that mass/weight isnt the only factor involved.

Comment

Working...
                      X