Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Too much hate and disrespect against top boxers.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too much hate and disrespect against top boxers.

I can understand the anger some of you have but there comes a point where nearly every 2nd post is just vitriol and pretty disgraceful posting.

I signed up pretty recently after being just a reader for a while because some of the posts are just mental.

I think some of you need to direct your hate towards the management of the sport itself and less so towards the boxers themselves. A couple key points on this.

1. IT IS 2016, IT IS INCREDIBLY HARD TO MAKE A FIGHT BETWEEN TWO TOP GUYS. The reason you're seeing so many one sided defences and title fights is because it's not easy for these guys to fight other top guys. These guys are being managed by business men, not boxing men. I HATE the cherry picks. I hate the weak resumes of nearly all the top guys. My favourite fighters in GGG, Kovalev etc... These guys have such poor resumes in comparison to their skill set... This can be partly because of management and also a big part is because...

2. THE BUSINESS/FANS ARE SO FICKLE THESE DAYS, just one loss can be so damaging to a career if guys want to be at the 'top'. We live in the age where you're either a bum or a god. Some "fans" are so bipolar that their is no in between in their eyes. I've seen posts saying Lemueix, Groves, Eubank, Breazeale, Porter etc are bums... Jesus. Bums? These type of guys have always been around. Not elite, but good high level guys capable of giving the top guys good fights. Every sport has them.

3. ABC belts have given these companies and some of the top guys a false sense of what they want to be making as a fighter. Everyone thinks they are worth more but no one wants to take the risks to build their name because a loss is so damaging. Back when, there was one champ per division. HE MADE THE MONEY. You want that money? You climb the ranks and take that belt. Nowadays, you got 4-5 "champs" per division, half of which couldn't even be named by some fans. But because of those paper titles these guys think they should be earning 5mil a fight.

Now having said all of that... Some of these boxers aren't daring to be great.. But instead of the hate, have a think about why. It's unfortunately the nature of boxing at the moment. I don't blame these guys. I blame the sport itself. Hope to hear some level headed discussion and if I've missed anything love to hear some thoughts?

Cheers guys.

Most boxing fans hate more fighters than they like. Pretty hilarious yet totally true.

Comment

If a fighter loss one time, he is a bum.
      If a fighter wins, he is on roids.
      If a fighter defends his title, he is afraid of the heavier divisions.
      If a fighter goes up in divisions, he is afraid of the champions in his divisions.
      If a fighter have tough moments against a not so good opponent, he is a paper champ, a bum, etc...
      Most of this guys never had stepped up in a ring, i'm sure of that.
      When you get in the ring, loss some fights, won some fights, train hard, get beat up, you learn to respect what this guys are doing at the highest level.

Comment

Good post, Lot of valid points

I don't know about the belts though. I'm torn in someways I think it's good for the sport in some ways it's bad.

But I assume Most boxing fans are miserable human beings and this sport/business makes it easy to be a constant negative POS.

Comment

Originally posted by yngwie View Post
          If a fighter loss one time, he is a bum.
          If a fighter wins, he is on roids.
          If a fighter defends his title, he is afraid of the heavier divisions.
          If a fighter goes up in divisions, he is afraid of the champions in his divisions.
          If a fighter have tough moments against a not so good opponent, he is a paper champ, a bum, etc...
          Most of this guys never had stepped up in a ring, i'm sure of that.
          When you get in the ring, loss some fights, won some fights, train hard, get beat up, you learn to respect what this guys are doing at the highest level.
          Couldn't agree more man good post! I've never fought but have trained and sparred from time to time and that **** is not bloody easy.

Malmsteen fan?

Comment

There's something about the sport of boxing that brings out so much hate, it's crazy. NSB is probably an extreme examples but I see it on Facebook groups and Twitter as well.

Warning: Rant below

Whether it was Mayweather or Pacquiao, two of the greatest fighters in the modern era, to current guys like Golovkin and Ward, Kovalev, Rigondeaux and so on. It's one thing to dislike cherry pickers, those guys deserve the criticism, but to hate on clearly talented guys who obviously try to fight the best and/or continue to fight solid opposition, I just don't understand. Mayweather and Pacquiao, sure I understand each rabid fanbase took things to the extreme because they backed their guy so much, but to discredit the other person's entire career is just being delusional. No one can say Mayweather or Pacquiao were overrated, just makes you look like a jackass. Andre Ward is clearly one of the best fighters in the world. You don't like his style? So what, that doesn't change anything. Golovkin is clearly one of the best fighters in the world. Everyone knows his resume is lacking because top fighters simply would not fight him and yet people act like that isn't the case. Kovalev has beat everyone they put in front of him. He struggles a little bit in his last fight against a guy who is nearly impossible to look good against and now he's a bum? Sure. Deontay Wilder signed to fight Povetkin in Russia and Povetkin failed his drug test and yet it's Wilders fault. That is just embarrassing. Rigondeaux, like Golovkin, has struggled immensely to get anyone in the ring with him since Donaire, yet people say he's an idiot for not moving up in weight or he should completely change his style etc.

It drives me crazy being a fan of boxing at times. It's the greatest sport in the world but the business and the fans are so ****ed up.

Comment

When it comes to declaring the least educated sports fans theirs a percentage of boxing fans that are racially motivated, nationally motivated and cowardly morons!
              I have proof too just filter through these forums and you'll here some lil' ***** calling a pro fighter a coward!!! Really? hahahaha
              This guys a bum when they don't even know what the term bum means in boxing!

Cheers Nate.....................

Comment

Originally posted by NateHound View Post
                Couldn't agree more man good post! I've never fought but have trained and sparred from time to time and that **** is not bloody easy.

Malmsteen fan?
                Malmsteen p4p #1

Comment

Originally posted by NateHound View Post
                  I can understand the anger some of you have but there comes a point where nearly every 2nd post is just vitriol and pretty disgraceful posting.

I signed up pretty recently after being just a reader for a while because some of the posts are just mental.

I think some of you need to direct your hate towards the management of the sport itself and less so towards the boxers themselves. A couple key points on this.

1. IT IS 2016, IT IS INCREDIBLY HARD TO MAKE A FIGHT BETWEEN TWO TOP GUYS. The reason you're seeing so many one sided defences and title fights is because it's not easy for these guys to fight other top guys. These guys are being managed by business men, not boxing men. I HATE the cherry picks. I hate the weak resumes of nearly all the top guys. My favourite fighters in GGG, Kovalev etc... These guys have such poor resumes in comparison to their skill set... This can be partly because of management and also a big part is because...

2. THE BUSINESS/FANS ARE SO FICKLE THESE DAYS, just one loss can be so damaging to a career if guys want to be at the 'top'. We live in the age where you're either a bum or a god. Some "fans" are so bipolar that their is no in between in their eyes. I've seen posts saying Lemueix, Groves, Eubank, Breazeale, Porter etc are bums... Jesus. Bums? These type of guys have always been around. Not elite, but good high level guys capable of giving the top guys good fights. Every sport has them.

3. ABC belts have given these companies and some of the top guys a false sense of what they want to be making as a fighter. Everyone thinks they are worth more but no one wants to take the risks to build their name because a loss is so damaging. Back when, there was one champ per division. HE MADE THE MONEY. You want that money? You climb the ranks and take that belt. Nowadays, you got 4-5 "champs" per division, half of which couldn't even be named by some fans. But because of those paper titles these guys think they should be earning 5mil a fight.

Now having said all of that... Some of these boxers aren't daring to be great.. But instead of the hate, have a think about why. It's unfortunately the nature of boxing at the moment. I don't blame these guys. I blame the sport itself. Hope to hear some level headed discussion and if I've missed anything love to hear some thoughts?

Cheers guys.
                  this is like a blast of fresh air....

very well written, very decent and direct to the points raised...

true enough, the prevailing system in boxing gives one a lot of things to be unhappy with and concerned about deeply; as boxing now appears headed to a nose dive....very sad.....

Comment

It's really just the blacks vs non-blacks that's why.

Comment

Working...
                    X