Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fight Golovkin Or Be Labelled A Coward. Is Canelo's Reputation On The Line?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gonzalez_Boxing View Post
    Did Canelo put himself in a position where he has to face Golovkin to save his reputation?
    ... Of course: a star in whatever sport. holds a reputation to preserve (we all know that).
    But the same star is pursuing a certain professional career which secures him money and fame...

... That star has to balance those factors.

Comment

no doubt i think oscar is desperate to start a manny vs floyd narrative of broken negotiations and everything else trying to make story lines, drama and raise demand. in my opinion this is on oscar more so then canelo just my opinion tho. the problem is this fight is not that big and never will be and in my opinion it will never be bigger then it is right now. if either of them lose the fight is no where near as big

Comment

As a boxing fan, I'm still hoping upon hope that it's some sort of a way of getting leverage during negotiations, and hope we still get to see this in September.

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzalez_Boxing View Post
          Did Canelo put himself in a position where he has to face Golovkin to save his reputation?
          She ain't no Mexican warrior. She's nothing more than a ginger coward.....she be like.....

Comment

People often forget. Dempsey openly ducked Langford, Hagler ducked bigger men and Oscar ducked Kostya, Vernon, Winky, Margarito and Pwill.

Comment

I don't think Canelo is stupid enough to duck this. His legacy, and his fanbase will surely diminish if he turns this down.

That's why I'm still hoping it gets done for September, a duck this blatant would be humiliating for him. Everybody already hates him in Mexico, he can't lose his Mexican-American fans as well.

Comment

Originally posted by about.thousands View Post
                Another example. Frampton dropped his belt to move up and fight LSC. Only idiots who DKSAB and Rigo fanboys are saying he's ducking Rigo. A guy that would outbox Frampton for 12 rds. But he's fighting LSC in his first fight in a higher weight class. LSC will punish him for 12 rds if it goes that far.
                Frampton will box LSC up, that's why he took the fight. The diva dropped the belt so she could pretend to buy time but she is really fighting another 154 or 147 pound boxer at 155.

Comment

The important thing is do casuals even know what's going on? This may have no impact on his ticket sales and buy rates whatsoever. Only time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by about.thousands View Post
                    Yep. And he and his team not saying anything for 72 hours so far while he's being labeled a coward doesn't make it any better. Time is not going to make this go away. Golden Boy and Team Canelo needs to come out and say something. Have you seen the way he's being blasted on social media? I know people will say it's just the internet. But other boxers are ridiculing him. It's open season on Canelo. Even Estrada is getting in on the action. smh

Lol, thats awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                      Frampton will box LSC up, that's why he took the fight. The diva dropped the belt so she could pretend to buy time but she is really fighting another 154 or 147 pound boxer at 155.
                      How much you wanna bet? Not only do I think LSC is gonna beat him I think LSC is gonna stop him! The Rigo fight would've been the easier fight. Get outboxed for 12 rounds instead of getting the brakes beat off him for 7 rds.

Comment

Working...
                      X