Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Loma that good, was Russell having a bad night vs Loma or was Gonzalez overrated?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Loma that good, was Russell having a bad night vs Loma or was Gonzalez overrated?

Russell annihilated Gonzalez like he was nothing which I was not expecting at all. I was swept up in the hype of the Mares victory and predicted a Gonzalez KO, after having only seen one of his fights.

Russell is elite at featherweight it seems but Gonzalez was overrated a bit, though still a very good win over a dangerous guy on the best run of his career.

But I think the overarching point of the featherweight scene at the minute is that Loma is a special special fighter.

I think we are looking at a Sugar Ray Robinson/Manny Pacquiao/Roy Jones/Pernell Whitaker kind of talent here in Lomachenko.
    Loma is that good
    61.11%
    Russell had an off night vs Loma and made him look good
    5.56%
    Gonzalez was overrated
    16.67%
    Lomachenko is of Roy Jones/Whitaker/Pacquiao/Ray Robinson level of talent
    16.67%

I believe loma is the goods, gonzalez was overated . Gonzalez has been chinny his whole career and can easily get outboxed. Loma would be rusell again.

Comment

I'd actually block the word overrated here if I could. lol

Comment

Loma is the real deal and probably beats Russell Jr. again.

Comment

lomachenko is just a very special fighter and future ATG pro boxer (he is already an ATG amateur/olympic boxer).

only other fighter at 126 that i think MIGHT have a chance against loma is nicholas walters and by chance i mean puncher's chance because he would get completely outboxed otherwise.

Comment

Gonzales could've been overrated(or maybe southpaws are just his krytonite).

Russel could've had a bad night.

Lomachenko could be that good.

Walter's beats them both.

Comment

Vasyl is breathtakingly talented and here's why

1. In only his 2nd fight he woulda KO'd Salido if he'd started his aggression earlier or if the fight had been 15 rds. His inexperience in regards to pace clearly showed.

2. He easily whupped Gary Russell Jr(24-0) in only his 3rd fight!

3. He dominated Chonlatarn Piriyapinyo 52-1 in only his 4th fight!

Loma's far more talented than Walters but can't beat him just yet.

Comment

russel can't blame an off night or that he got tired.
                Lomachenko outclassed him in every department from the beginning to the last round where he came near to stopping russel.
                It was a very impressive victory from lomachenko in only his 3 pro fight.
                Maybe loma gets more cred as russel will keep winning.

Comment

Loma is that good. Loma is literally one of the absolute best, if not THE BEST, amateur fighters of all damn time. He is just a level above Russell. He will only get better as well. Man that is a scary proposition for anyone near his WC.

Comment

Originally posted by Pac=Duran View Post
                    Russell annihilated Gonzalez like he was nothing which I was not expecting at all. I was swept up in the hype of the Mares victory and predicted a Gonzalez KO, after having only seen one of his fights.

Russell is elite at featherweight it seems but Gonzalez was overrated a bit, though still a very good win over a dangerous guy on the best run of his career.

But I think the overarching point of the featherweight scene at the minute is that Loma is a special special fighter.

I think we are looking at a Sugar Ray Robinson/Manny Pacquiao/Roy Jones/Pernell Whitaker kind of talent here in Lomachenko.
                    Says he's only seen one Gonzalez fight yet continues on to call him "overrated", .

Comment

Working...
                    X