No announcement yet.

I just sparred a friend of mine...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mercedes Benz View Post
    Well in teakwondo they use the basic one two punch from what he told me it's 95% legs.

There is also a big difference between olympic (wtf) and traditional (itf) takwondo,in wtf tkd they tend to concentrate on the sport part while the itf is more traditional ( self defense)

Na we actually don't grapple ,once i get in and he grabs me we separate, the reason I said judo I was speaking about the same situation but on the street.

Well I can't comment about kung fu all I know is that there are many diff kung fu styles none of them uses the same principals.
    Tae Kwon Do teaches all the punches boxing does, boxing technique focuses on power and quickness, Tae Kwon do focuses on quickness and the technique is bad.

Comment

punch his feet, that should stop him from kicking you, or atleast make him more wary. you can really push some one off balance if you can land a nice shot straight to the bottom of the heel and it really hurts.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Southpaw Stinger View Post

Comment

Making boxers look bad wtf man.......ill fight him and **** em up! Ill make boxers look good atleast!!!!!!

Comment

Get on the inside. I whup my Kung-Fu friend by getting on the inside and turning the heat up. A Right uppercut, left hook combo always does him over. KTFO

Comment

Originally posted by Mercedes Benz View Post
                He does that tae kwan do stuff

Ive been boxing for 8 years now and he suggested that we should go all out so that we could see who will have the upper hand (foot)
                I had no chance to come even close his legs were just too damaging and the reach advantage was crazy.

Is there any way i could improve in closing the gap so that i could start hitting him with some nice hard shots to the head?
                When you two are boxing does he still have the best of you? I did martial art and boxing, there is now way you can kick with your left foot, right foot and move at the same. After the second kick, you should able to hit him. Also, i dont see why you should do it cause it doesnt prove anything, i did fought a good black belt "ninja type" once, he missed me with a heel kick, i moved back and i saw his foot going down right in my face, that is when i did a left Jab, right hand, left hook. The left hook landed very hard, he was hurt and didnt want to continu... so i hope it will help you !
                By the way i did 6 year of martial art and about 30 years of boxing, im 42.

Comment

Originally posted by Yael The Great View Post
                  Tae Kwon Do teaches all the punches boxing does, boxing technique focuses on power and quickness, Tae Kwon do focuses on quickness and the technique is bad.
                  not true at all..no hooks no uppercuts nothing at all..just basic straight punching

my cousin did tkd for many many years he was good with his legs but punching was zero.

Comment

Let me speak from personal experience.

Try to weather the storm. The 2-3 kicks he may get off, might hurt but whether the storm and still charge forward. Try to get on the inside as fast as possible. I would say take the peek-a-boo guard and charge right in until you get right against his body. Then do work.

I know exactly how it is.... Because I was in the same situation as you before but I was the taekwondo guy.

Oh yeah. Don't listen to any punch the feet bull**** and there is no such thing as a 'kung fu' style.
                    Last edited by F l i c k e r; 07-17-2010, 01:02 AM.

Comment

If when he goes for kicks he's in hitting range try to time him with a right hand, or just come in with jabs and finish with hooks, straight, uppercut, whatever. Thats from a boxing stand point from a boxing stand point which I use all the time against my one good friend who is a black belt in karate and has some heavy kicks. But he usually is covering up when I come jabbing in so i can stay close long enough to throw a combination before here back out of range of each other.

And I'm not a good kicker or wrestler. if this is MMA and you have decent wrestling you take him down, maybe set it up with a punch. But if you got decent kickboxing. You got to do how Shogun took it to Machida with leg kicks of your own to make him respect you and would probably make him hesitate with kicks. I have ****ty kickboxing but I love his front kick I throw. He went for a leg kick and I shot him right in the gut with one of those and he'll think next time before he trys to throw a kick. Of course that only happened one time with me but then again I do throw a lot of body punches when he kicks me because I try to just man up and suck up the pain and just take em but thats not smart if your going to be in a long match. So I'd stick with my first advice haha

Comment

Working...
                      X